Home

Fight Night Champion Sliders Not Working

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Sliders Not Working within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: FNC: Sliders not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Because it's the trend with EA the past couple years. Push the game out early, regardless of the issues, so try and make as much money as possible, then release some "blanket" statement: "We are aware of the slider issue and are currently working on a fix". Which comes in the form of a small patch that still doesn't fix all the issues, then they say "Next Year".... Same story different year. Sorry to sound negative, but EA does this with all their games. It's all about money not quality. This is not about some trunks that are a different color, it's about an issue that greatly affects gameplay. And your question about how it gets through the development cycle, well, archeologists will probably find the Holy Grail before we get an answer to that question.
Was just gonna say this...ala NCAA College Football.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Because it's the trend with EA the past couple years. Push the game out early, regardless of the issues, so try and make as much money as possible, then release some "blanket" statement: "We are aware of the slider issue and are currently working on a fix". Which comes in the form of a small patch that still doesn't fix all the issues, then they say "Next Year".... Same story different year. Sorry to sound negative, but EA does this with all their games. It's all about money not quality. This is not about some trunks that are a different color, it's about an issue that greatly affects gameplay. And your question about how it gets through the development cycle, well, archeologists will probably find the Holy Grail before we get an answer to that question.
It's especially bad when you consider this game had a 2-year development window.
Hopefully it's fixed soon.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #11

OVR: 34

Quote:
It seems to be the tendency with many publishers. I just experienced it with Atari and Test Drive 2. You really have to believe what you're saying is true. If they claim to have X amount of testers, how in the blue heck does this happen? You have to sum it up and say they are aware and let it slip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I don't know Dave, but I have been testing the sliders out for several days now and started getting depressed when I found out they were not doing anything really.

I think we will see a fix for it, but it is like you said. How does this slip through for so long?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #13
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Is this currently an issue on both systems?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
Is this currently an issue on both systems?
I don't know about PS3, but 360 for sure
Old 02-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Thanks phobia. You just saved me some $$$
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #16
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41