Home

MLB 11 The Show - Top Rated Teams, Hitter, Fielder, Pitcher, and Most Improved Player

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Top Rated Teams, Hitter, Fielder, Pitcher, and Most Improved Player within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IGN Feature: Kings of the Show

someone wanna tell me how the red sox pitching staff is better than the giants, especially if you count the bullpens?

i guess ratings don't matter that much in the long run, anyway, but i can't see it.

also, ubaldo is overrated. top 5, yes, but he needs to be bumped down a bit so he's below guys like halladay, lincecum, king felix, etc. instead of a few points above them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: IGN Feature: Kings of the Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjesus
someone wanna tell me how the red sox pitching staff is better than the giants, especially if you count the bullpens?

i guess ratings don't matter that much in the long run, anyway, but i can't see it.

also, ubaldo is overrated. top 5, yes, but he needs to be bumped down a bit so he's below guys like halladay, lincecum, king felix, etc. instead of a few points above them.
I agree, but I don't think that it matters that much.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Top Rated Teams, Hitter, Fielder, Pitcher, and Most Improved Pl

I wonder where Josh Johnson is in the pitcher rankings. IMO, as a Marlins fan, he should probably be top-10 at least. I'm biased though.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #28
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Top Rated Teams, Hitter, Fielder, Pitcher, and Most Improved Pl

I definitely don't like Ubaldo Jimenez being the Number 1 Pitcher in all baseball. Roy Halladay, Tim Lincecum, Felix Hernandez, Cliff Lee, Jon Lester, the list goes. Ubaldo is good but not that good. Yankees pitching is a joke too. This is just bad...
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors
College Sports: Pittsburgh Panthers, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 02-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #29
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
The top 5 pitchers in the game have the same overall.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #30
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgher86
I definitely don't like Ubaldo Jimenez being the Number 1 Pitcher in all baseball. Roy Halladay, Tim Lincecum, Felix Hernandez, Cliff Lee, Jon Lester, the list goes. Ubaldo is good but not that good. Yankees pitching is a joke too. This is just bad...
Do we really have to go through this every year? If you don't like the ratings, then edit them.

We go through this supposed ratings "mess" every year too. By now i'd think people would remember that the top guys at each position usually have a maxed out overall, so whoever is rated at the top of the position may not technically be better overall than someone else with the same overall rating. They are just listed above them.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm thinking the reason Ubaldo is #1 has a lot to do with his stuff. Not sure if Scea factors in how a pitcher competes with runners in scoring position and such. That is what makes Halladay and Lincecum such great pitchers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Good stuff there!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »