Home

Top Spin 4 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
Banned

Rdogg1026's Arena

OVR: 8
Top Spin 4 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

The Top Spin 4 demo is available now. Add it to your download queue right here.

Please play a few games and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Quote:
"Feel the excitement and energy of the US Open as you play in a tie break match to 7 points using some of the world’s top pros complete with 2K's Signature Style. Featuring new TV broadcast style presentation & innovative controls that allow gamers of any skill level to dominate the court, Top Spin 4 puts you front and center of the professional tennis experience."
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 33
Just had a couple of games on the demo. First impressions are just how good the game looks. Player models & Stadia are both well represented. There are some nice presentation elements to the game. Broadcast style screen swipes, Shot of the game replay at end of match, Pre match player walk ons, all had to the atmosphere. Sadly though during the actual match everything feels a little dull. Commentary would of added quite a bit to this game.

Gameplay is not a major change from TS3. It still appears that aces will be a rarity.

Looking at the menu pages I was impressed by how many courts are available in the full game as well as a good selection of pros.

My big gripe with this game is the lack of modes outside of the career mode. I enjoy Tennis games but not to the extent that I want to plough through a career mode. I much prefer the option to create one off tournaments where you can have a few mates around to play. There is no Offline multiplayer modes other than just one off matches. Probably not a major issue for most but for me it means I will likely leave this game alone. Initially it feels fun but I will likely get bored with it as a single player game.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
re: Top Spin 4 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360/PS3)

Is there still no commentary during the match?!?!?!

WTH TS4!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Nexgenrulz's Arena

OVR: 2

Loved the demo. Can't wait to try it with PS Move.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

This game is pretty darn good from I played this morning. I just never could get down the control scheme for Top Spin 3 and I feel Top Spin 4 is a happy medium. The player models are just out of this world and the Career mode looks extremely deep. The top two tour levels are in with 3 of the four grand slams repersented and all 11 of the Masters 1000 series tournaments are in, though only 5 are fully licensed.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

It took me a bit to get the shot timing down since it's different from TS3, but man is this game fun. Movement on clay is beautiful, to see guys actually sliding is great. I'm definitely sold on this game now.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Wow! What can I say? I am extremely pleased with the game. The visuals are absolutely stunning. It actually feels as though you are watching the match on the television. The weakest point of the presentation has been the lack of commentary, as well as the 'drone' chair umpire at the U.S. Open. Let's hope that there is more of a variety of chair umpires in the full version. The animations are extremely fluid, and crisp. The control that you have over your player is unmatchable for any tennis game. Having come of the overlays (stamina, shot timing etc.) is nice, and noninvasive.

I was never 'on the fence' about this game, I was always going to get it being the extreme tennis fan that I am. But, I have never felt more confident about purchasing this game. I can hardly keep my hands off of this demo. It would have been nice if you could have just clicked 'rematch' after the natch, instead of having to back out to the main menu, but it is not that big of a deal.

Assuming that this is a very fair representation of the full version, I cannot wait to pick up my copy!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5
Yeah, I play a lot of real life tennis (lol) and this is easily the best tennis game I've played. Couple quick things.. loved the clay court sliding, ease of hitting drop shots, player assist devices for learning, true to life player animations, crowd getting a little more exciting during longer rallys.. Day one purchase for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »