Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Q&A

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Q&A within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
Rookie

alangst's Arena

OVR: 1
Also.... on Gamestop's website, they also list Pinehurst as one of the CE courses, and they have Bethpage Black as a Gamestop exclusive course for both editions.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrickards
I have three questions...
#1) How does the "swing" work? Is it three-click? Is it using the analog stick?
All of the above, and then some. 3-click will be available in the first two difficulty levels analog stick will be available in all levels. In addition to that, the Move is available and is said to replicate a 1:1 proportionality with a real golf swing on the PS3 version.

Quote:
#2) How does one improve their golfer's attributes? What is the "training"?
Improvement comes through your performance playing the game and hitting milestones. You are awarded experience points for your achievements. As for training... I'm not sure what is meant by this in this case, unless it's like the PC version of Tiger Woods Online and you buy attributes with winnings.

Quote:
#3) When a golfer is at max ability, how far can he hit? 280? 320? More?
A maxed out golfer with 100% set in club tuner will average 310 yards according to what I read in EA Sports official forum.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
Rookie

alangst's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alangst
Also.... on Gamestop's website, they also list Pinehurst as one of the CE courses, and they have Bethpage Black as a Gamestop exclusive course for both editions.
Sorry, I screwed up...BP black is gamestop exclusive for 360.....Turnberry is gamestop exclusive for both ps3 versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

A quick question, can you create golfers and enter them into career mode ala Fight Night? Would like to see Phil, Vegas, etc as CPU controlled players.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Q. Can you place the tee where you want to within each box?

A. This option is only available on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters for the Wii. By selecting a button on the tee box, you can now slide your golfer anywhere between the tee boxes, as allowed in real life.* Now get a better angle around the trees or other tough dog legs.
Why would they only add this for the Wii? I honestly don't get the guys who work on this game... No playoffs and only the Wii allows you to move around in the tee box. I know EA takes there time to add features to all there sports games but my goodness, TW has been taking baby steps for 5 years now.

They have me hooked this year because of Augusta, but next year will be another off year for me unless they make a better effort at representing the game of golf and the PGA Tour.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

AAAARRRGH!! How is a 43-year old married man with 4 kids and limited income supposed to find time to play 3 such highly-anticipated spring games (TW 12, NASCAR 11 and MLB 2K11), let alone afford them all?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
AAAARRRGH!! How is a 43-year old married man with 4 kids and limited income supposed to find time to play 3 such highly-anticipated spring games (TW 12, NASCAR 11 and MLB 2K11), let alone afford them all?
I don't know but when you figure it out please let me know. I have to add MLB 11 The Show to that list!

PS3 Tiger Woods Collectors Edition. I have to have the other 5 courses!
PS3 Nascar 11
PC MLB 2k11
PS3 MLB 11 The Show

I never buy this many games in a short duration of time but they are all must haves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Why would they only add this for the Wii? I honestly don't get the guys who work on this game... No playoffs and only the Wii allows you to move around in the tee box. I know EA takes there time to add features to all there sports games but my goodness, TW has been taking baby steps for 5 years now.

They have me hooked this year because of Augusta, but next year will be another off year for me unless they make a better effort at representing the game of golf and the PGA Tour.
They do this to get people to buy the Wii version. I'm with you as I skip every other year now for almost all sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »