Home

EA Boss Riccitiello Put the Kibosh on NBA Elite 11 (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on EA Boss Riccitiello Put the Kibosh on NBA Elite 11 (Kotaku) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Boss Riccitiello Put the Kibosh on NBA Elite 11 (Kotaku)

while it initially seemed like a good decision in my disgust for the demo, now i as a live loyalist and a bball gamer(2k) am beginning to rethink this decision as it only pushes this franchise maybe 2 more years from even being playable........

ok the demo was badddd, we saw it, picked it apart and they got valuable feedback on what was horrible about it...

by canning elite now they get no feedback on the full copy and other issues that were newly implemented that we could not access in the demo....

so now whatever they release in 2011 is a beta test for elite 12...its obvious that the devs need our imput to smooth out things, no product = no review, no ideas to fix for the next edition...

they could have atleast priced it at 19.99. To put out nothing is criminal, its like my professors always say atleast try just dont leave the question blank......

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 12-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #10
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Instead of "It's In The Game" as EA Sport's moniker, it should be (from his direct words):

EA Sports:
Quote:
it’s very easy to sequel a product when you don’t seek to change it very much.
Because that's what they've done for years in b-ball and football.

Shocked that he let that slip out even though we all know it.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Instead of "It's In The Game" as EA Sport's moniker, it should be (from his direct words):

EA Sports:

Because that's what they've done for years in b-ball and football.

Shocked that he let that slip out even though we all know it.
Yeah, that is pretty much the elephant in the room. He is the last person I would expect to talk about it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
please bring back live. The live series was great, it just needed to be tuned with better graphics and have the canned animations removed. I think one of the main reasons people are giving up on ea basketball is because they never stick with one idea. Every year is an overhaul on the entire game. Whereas other companies (2k) built on top of a solid foundation and look where they are now. Please ea, go back to live and stick with it this time.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
If you seek to change it fundamentally you’re inherently taking a sizable risk. When you seek to change something that is on an annual sequel basis you’re taking a really sizable risk because if the technology you’re betting on doesn’t come together in the first or second cut, you don’t make your window. So from time to time we take those risks. usually, in the sports game business usually only during a platform technology transition. But sometimes, like we did with FIFA, not during a technology transition, and we took a similarly ambitious move four years ago with FIFA and pulled it off – in the same studio with many of the same people.
This is why Madden is never going to change much this generation.

The EA properties that have been in direct competition with other series (NHL, FIFA, NBA) are the only ones taking these risks.

And ever since NHL 2K dropped off, we have seen EA's NHL series starting to play it safe, too.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

I've always liked EA's B-Ball better than 2K...2k's controls are unituative and clunky and EA's hoop game is always smoother and flows better. I hope the pull their head out and make a good game because with 2k, it is what it is and I don't see it getting much better or different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »