Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Q&A

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Q&A within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I don't know but when you figure it out please let me know. I have to add MLB 11 The Show to that list!

PS3 Tiger Woods Collectors Edition. I have to have the other 5 courses!
PS3 Nascar 11
PC MLB 2k11
PS3 MLB 11 The Show

I never buy this many games in a short duration of time but they are all must haves.
Same here. I usually buy 2, maybe 3 games a year. Maybe if I'm good, the wifey will buy me one for Father's Day.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

The Tiger Woods series is the only one that I buy the new year's version, each year. I've gotten really odd about football games, I'll rent NCAA Football XX every year, play my favorite team's current season... and I'm done with it. Baseball, basketball, and racing, I'll pick my spots with those.

I played the last half of the 2010 with MLB 2K10, but this year I'm going with the Show 11, since I just picked up a PS3/Move bundle for Tiger Woods 12 (gotta go with motion controller this year). I'm still playing NCAA College Hoops 2K8. It's not that I don't like the NBA 2K9, 10, and 11 games... they're all brilliantly produced. I just don't get into NBA basketball anywhere near like I do college.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #19
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Is anyone else surprised McIlroy went from being on the cover last year to not being in the game at all this year? I found this pretty surprising. This year's roster is the best ever though with the inclusion of Rickie Fowler! I also like the additions of Johnson, Watson, and the Molinari brothers even though this is a Presidents Cup year.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #20
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
Is anyone else surprised McIlroy went from being on the cover last year to not being in the game at all this year? I found this pretty surprising. This year's roster is the best ever though with the inclusion of Rickie Fowler! I also like the additions of Johnson, Watson, and the Molinari brothers even though this is a Presidents Cup year.

Must have been a dispute over money. I'm stoked that Watson is in the game.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

When the hell are the devs gonna announce exactly what courses are in the collecter's edition because all I have heard are 3 of them and that's not even confirmed.

I'd like to know because if it's 5 real courses then I'll get it but if it's 3 real courses and 2 fantasy courses then I'll pre-order the reguler version and get Turnberry for free because it's probably a better deal to get a free course than pay $10 extra bucks for only 3 more real courses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #22
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
When the hell are the devs gonna announce exactly what courses are in the collecter's edition because all I have heard are 3 of them and that's not even confirmed.

I'd like to know because if it's 5 real courses then I'll get it but if it's 3 real courses and 2 fantasy courses then I'll pre-order the reguler version and get Turnberry for free because it's probably a better deal to get a free course than pay $10 extra bucks for only 3 more real courses.

Direct from the developers:

1. Harbour Town
2. TPC Blue Monster at Doral
3. TPC Boston
4. Highlands (Fantasy Course)
5. Predator (Fantasy Course)

Yet Amazon has listed:

1) Wolf Creek
2) Torrey Pine
3) Banff Springs plus 2 fantasy courses.

My choice would be:

1. Wolf Creek
3. TPC Boston
4. Harbour Town
5. Banff Springs

Last edited by Rules; 03-07-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Direct from the developers:

1. Harbour Town
3. TPC Boston
4. Highlands (Fantasy Course)
5. Predator (Fantasy Course)

Yet Amazon has listed:

1) Wolf Creek
2) Torrey Pine
3) Banff Springs plus 2 fantasy courses.

My choice would be:

1. Wolf Creek
3. TPC Boston
4. Harbour Town
5. Banff Springs
So it looks like we're stuck with 2 fantasy courses regardless. What a waste because I hate playing those. So if my math is right then pre-ordering gets you one free course but if you get the collector edition you only really get 2 more courses at $5 a piece because that free course from pre-ordering cancels out the one additional course you get for the collector's. So the collectors isn't really that good a deal after all.

I would rather get the regular version and just buy whatever DLC courses I want because they can't be more then $5 a course. I think I read somewhere that a 3 pack course would be $10. And I get the better game cover.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #24
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
So it looks like we're stuck with 2 fantasy courses regardless. What a waste because I hate playing those. So if my math is right then pre-ordering gets you one free course but if you get the collector edition you only really get 2 more courses at $5 a piece because that free course from pre-ordering cancels out the one additional course you get for the collector's. So the collectors isn't really that good a deal after all.

I would rather get the regular version and just buy whatever DLC courses I want because they can't be more then $5 a course. I think I read somewhere that a 3 pack course would be $10. And I get the better game cover.
I'm pretty sure that you still get the pre-order bonus if you were to get the collector's, at least the Gamestop website indicates so. Preference on game covers is completely subjective, so I can understand why one would want to go for the normal version, although personally I still think the collector's is well worth the extra dough and will definitely be pre-ordering it soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »