Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #2: Nickel Normal Cover 6

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #2: Nickel Normal Cover 6 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Looks to me like a Cloud coverage, seeing the rolled cover three, with the weak side flats vacated.
Not exactly... there are no vacancies. We played Cover 6 out of our base 4-3 when I played SS at ETSU. Ours was essentially the same but more of a spin on Cover 3 i.e. the SS had the flats and the CB had deep. My former D-Coordinator was most recently UAB's.

http://www.twitter.com/GrnEyedBanditTN
Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #18
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

This would have been a good play to run in NCAA 11, no one could ever throw deep up the middle on you because 260 pound linebacker with the 96" inch vertical would never let you throw it over his head
Old 03-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Great! Defensive "plays". I guess they don't plan on tierring the defense.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #20
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

well if ea read this thread i would hope they came away with a renewed sense of urgency to improve zone coverage considering just about every comment has hit on that lol
Old 03-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #21
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I hope the DB's dont stop at a point in a zone where they feel like stopping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #22
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
And whilst I am all for improved defenses and improved AI... please, God please make it happen... one thing that must be eliminated is the Leaping Linebackers and the DT/DE's who drop into coverage and can leap 8 feet in the air to bat a pass down.

There might be 5 total LB's in the country who can do the things that most of them can do in the game... and even fewer DT/DE's...

Nothing worse than having a WR 18 yards downfield, you push up on the direction pad to throw the ball high, you lightly touch the corresponding receivers button and still the LB, a good 10 yards or more away from the WR can leap in the air and bat the pass... and that leads to the crazy tipped ball crap where the ball can get intercepted in the most insane ways ever seen...

If they fix that one issue alone the game will improve tremendously!
I think the real problem is the passing arch here. its either a straight line or a lob with hardly any in between.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Meh, this is quarters halves coverage: a corner and a safety cover a deep half, while the other safety takes the entire other half and the other corner takes the flat or curl zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Great! Defensive "plays". I guess they don't plan on tierring the defense.
They're never going to do that. They would have to essentially redo the entire playbook, and they'll never do that unless they face a competitor who offers it.

It's much easier for them to simply add more plays. It would be nice if they allowed us to call all of the different line calls with the pre-snap options. It would also be brilliant if they could allow us to call those pre-snap options in the play-call screen, because that would essentially be the same difference; it would also save them the trouble of having to gut the whole entire playbook.

Maybe next year.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 03-15-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #24
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoze
I think the real problem is the passing arch here. its either a straight line or a lob with hardly any in between.
That's part II of the problem... Leaping Linebackers and straight line or extremely lobbed passes... basically 1a and 1b.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »