Home

Major League Baseball 2K11 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K11 Review (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Major League Baseball 2K11 Review (360)

I think the new format would be better if it was just two parts - Early Impressions and a Final Review. I'm not sure if we need the other stuff as it just gets rehashed in the final review.

On a side note, started a Tigers franchise tonight and Zumaya got hurt and is out 4-6 months lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #18
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

RE: Review format...

Maybe include a post patch update as well?

Often times a game will change somewhat dramatically after a patch has been implemented, for better or worse. I assume we'll be getting another patch for this game, and if so it might just be worth noting.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #19
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think the new format would be better if it was just two parts - Early Impressions and a Final Review. I'm not sure if we need the other stuff as it just gets rehashed in the final review.

On a side note, started a Tigers franchise tonight and Zumaya got hurt and is out 4-6 months lol.
Only a couple reviews have this super-extended format, otherwise many other games fall into something you are talking about. That being said, the idea is sort of to be repetitive. You change your thoughts if needed, but otherwise it just ends up sort of wrapping up and summarizing by the final review with this style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
RE: Review format...

Maybe include a post patch update as well?

Often times a game will change somewhat dramatically after a patch has been implemented, for better or worse. I assume we'll be getting another patch for this game, and if so it might just be worth noting.
Yeah, that's the plan for sure. It obviously won't change the review score or anything, but will be worth a new article.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #20
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

This is about how I would score the game. I'd put it in the 7 range myself. Good game, but not a great game. Questionable AI, graphical issues and some awkward animations take away from the game.

MLB Today, and the Presentation are huge pluses for the game for me.

Probably going to do what I did last year. Play the Show for RTTS and franchise play, and play this game for MLB Today as a fun change of pace.

It's great to have two fun, quality baseball titles available.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
wait a minute...hold up..****nning **THROUGH** the walls to catch **HOMERUNS!?**

that's a game-KILLER. that's not even something I saw or even heard of in 16, 32, or 64 bit baseball games, and you guys know it. being too nice here fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #22
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19
I agree with your score. Unfortunately the game isn't that big of an improvement over 2k10 which was a 7 imo also. Polish is exactly how I would describe what the game is lacking.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
wait a minute...hold up..****nning **THROUGH** the walls to catch **HOMERUNS!?**

that's a game-KILLER. that's not even something I saw or even heard of in 16, 32, or 64 bit baseball games, and you guys know it. being too nice here fellas.
I haven't seen this killer, yet, playing several games with the demo and retail version. Should this happen? No.

I'm sure it will be patched, day 1 patch killed one of the running up the wall bugs.

And anyone who says 2k11 isn't much better than 2k10, didn't play 2k10 much at all. No injuries and no errors in 2k10 killed the game for me.

Now those were game-killers.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #24
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz

Wasn't there a bug like that in The Show last year?

And in 2K11, I haven't heard of the fielding going through the wall. What I've seen is a running robbing a home run AT the wall and it being considered a homerun. Maybe they're separate bugs, but I haven't seen any fielders go through any walls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »