Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #3: Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y-Stick

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #3: Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y-Stick within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #3: Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y-Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
they should have included a video of each play to go along with the playbook. This whole announcing a new play everyday would be better if we had video to see it in action and see what the game is looking like.
Being that we pick apart a video about dreadlocks and sunlight.

It would be marketing suicide to release a video every week.

Do you know how much negative publicity they would get from every time they posted a video of a this game before they have finished it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #26
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #3: Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y-Stick

I'll be really upset if the shovel pass isn't in this years game.It happens in almost every game so it needs to be in,period.EA screws this up and I'll boycott this game.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #27
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
I'll be really upset if the shovel pass isn't in this years game.It happens in almost every game so it needs to be in,period.EA screws this up and I'll boycott this game.
I've been advocating for the shovel pass for years, including sending videos to the EA team of exactly how this play is run. It always goes unnoticed and/or ignored. If it's in the game... LOL

Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Hope the lbs stay with the back. that was used as a quick pass for years, very hard to stop.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #29
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Why do you need to put multiple players in motion to have success with the option or end arounds?
The option playbook is heavily reliant on pre-play motion in order to snap. The problem with this is that I cannot make any pre-snap changes, meaning if I can see an obvious blitz I have one choice, audible.
The problem is, if I see an obvious mismatch and have a free TE on the other side , I should be able to motion him before I snap.

This still wouldn't fix what is in my opinion is the most overlooked playbook by the developers. The entire playbook revolves around motion, play action and the option as well as the option pass. As it stands the option pass, play action and putting men in motion are broken.

As for endarounds, it is the same issue. If the defense lines up more men on the side I am running two I have to either accept a loss or audible.

Now in that situation /i should be able to move my TE to the other side in order to pick up one of the linebackers and let my other fullback act as my lead blocker.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #30
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
The option playbook is heavily reliant on pre-play motion in order to snap. The problem with this is that I cannot make any pre-snap changes, meaning if I can see an obvious blitz I have one choice, audible.
The problem is, if I see an obvious mismatch and have a free TE on the other side , I should be able to motion him before I snap.

This still wouldn't fix what is in my opinion is the most overlooked playbook by the developers. The entire playbook revolves around motion, play action and the option as well as the option pass. As it stands the option pass, play action and putting men in motion are broken.

As for endarounds, it is the same issue. If the defense lines up more men on the side I am running two I have to either accept a loss or audible.

Now in that situation /i should be able to move my TE to the other side in order to pick up one of the linebackers and let my other fullback act as my lead blocker.
I can see how that could adversely affect your Madden game, but I think the auto motion is very realistic. The only thing I would change is to add the ability to change the snap count on the auto motion. As it stands, it's easy to time the snap when facing Flexbone auto motion.

As for the realism, I mentioned above, motion is always determined in the huddle, not at the line of scrimmage in real football. It's always a part of the play call. The Qb does not come to the line and say, "we're running right, let me just motion an extra TE over there." It's all done in the huddle. If the QB feels he's in a "bad" play, then his only choice is to audible to a different play.

I think we've all grown accustomed to the Madden/NCAA way of picking any of 5 men to motion and making our decisions at the line of scrimmage. I have no problem with this, but if we're talking about true "sim" football, it doesn't happen that way.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #31
Banned

Maelstrom's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I can see how that could adversely affect your Madden game, but I think the auto motion is very realistic. The only thing I would change is to add the ability to change the snap count on the auto motion. As it stands, it's easy to time the snap when facing Flexbone auto motion.

As for the realism, I mentioned above, motion is always determined in the huddle, not at the line of scrimmage in real football. It's always a part of the play call. The Qb does not come to the line and say, "we're running right, let me just motion an extra TE over there." It's all done in the huddle. If the QB feels he's in a "bad" play, then his only choice is to audible to a different play.

I think we've all grown accustomed to the Madden/NCAA way of picking any of 5 men to motion and making our decisions at the line of scrimmage. I have no problem with this, but if we're talking about true "sim" football, it doesn't happen that way.
Well, one way to change the point of the motion where the ball is snapped is to use the play clock. The ball will automatically be snapped at any point during the motion just before the play clock hits zero.

I agree with the motion thing though. You should be able to select at least one player that you can control the motion prior to the snap. You should be able to move him into position, then hit X (on PS3) to start the automatic motion. I would like to see them implement some of the automatic TE shifts that a lot of teams use. For instance the team sets with two TEs to the strong side, then both TEs move together to the opposite side of the line. I can do this by using two different forms of the formation & calling an audible, or by flipping the play, but when flipping the play, the WRs switch sides as well.

In real life, Temple likes to come out in a a twin TE set, then immediately switch the formation to a tackle over twin TE set & snap the ball the instant the tackle & TEs set the second time. It works great in real life, because a lot of times the defense is caught of guard trying to re-establish their assignments.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »