Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update Details, Will Be Released With DLC

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update Details, Will Be Released With DLC within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Fight Night Champion Title Update Details, Will Be Released With DLC

I think I'll take a break from H2H online until this comes out. Odd question but can you reset your record? Mine stinks. I hate it. Might have been a few wins better if not for the game flaws.

I've said this before but the selection of boxers needs a change. I'm in heavyweight. Guy stays on Hopkins so I go down in weight & pick Jones to be fair. He immediately takes Tyson! I was winning but couldn't avoid the power. We should be able to agree to a match before it's locked in.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #18

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
The one thing I worry about is that if they don't increase block strength body spamming will be in the rise because it will be way more effective.
I agree. In fact, the way I beat body spamming is I cut off the ring and try to get him in a corner or against the ropes. You need a good block in there to accomplish that. If the block is diminished getting your opponent trapped may be very difficult, and if not much is taken away for spamming the jab, it may be even easier to spam it.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

The easy solution is to make it so you get knocked silly if you are leaning your head in and spamming the jab.

I was playing aginst the AI on Goat last night with the power up a click or 2. Belive me, you did not want to try to go to the body for too long or it was lights out. I was trying to steal a few rounds at the end, by throwing some flurries. I went up top and tried to give a boom boom boom to the midsection. I saw the canvas twice in a row before I abandoned that strategy. You have to step in, get your 2 shots in and step out. Even when you have the AI on the ropes, you stay trying to go to the body too much, an upperuct or hook will end your night.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

They are limiting the jab spam Dave, to the head and the body, but it's the hooks to the body that I worry about now.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

Not a bad start. Will this help things even a tad against the cheesers who bought xp points and maxed out chin and a punch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Improved weave detection is a must and to be honest I don't understand why it's so F'ed up now. I mean I actually have times where the thing is registering TOTALLY backwards than what I'm putting in on the stick. WTF is this junk? This tells me they programmed some mess in the game. I've flicked the stick completely away from an opponent only to see my guy bob and weave and go STRAIGHT to the opponent.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
They are limiting the jab spam Dave, to the head and the body, but it's the hooks to the body that I worry about now.
I didn't know that. I'm not to worried about the hooks because they come in slower and you can really step to counter them and bring big pain to their head.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
I think I'll take a break from H2H online until this comes out. Odd question but can you reset your record? Mine stinks. I hate it. Might have been a few wins better if not for the game flaws.

I've said this before but the selection of boxers needs a change. I'm in heavyweight. Guy stays on Hopkins so I go down in weight & pick Jones to be fair. He immediately takes Tyson! I was winning but couldn't avoid the power. We should be able to agree to a match before it's locked in.
If you're careful you can pretty much veto an opponents selection.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »