Home

Fight Night Champion Review

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Review within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Agree to disagree lol. PS3 Sliders worked perfectly fine for me, which is what I did the review on.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Fight Night Champion Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBartlett
Agree to disagree lol. PS3 Sliders worked perfectly fine for me, which is what I did the review on.
lol. You got the magic copy. How much do you want for it?? $$$
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #11
Staff Writer

Oh really, ps3 sliders don't work for everyone? That's strange...I adjust the fighter damage, stamina, power, etc, and it all worked great. I posted the video to our facebook with me adjusting sliders, and you can see how it changes the gameplay. What sliders are people having issues with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Oh really, ps3 sliders don't work for everyone? That's strange...I adjust the fighter damage, stamina, power, etc, and it all worked great. I posted the video to our facebook with me adjusting sliders, and you can see how it changes the gameplay. What sliders are people having issues with?
Its 360 that people are having issue with. Punch Accuracy and CPU Output. You can't tell if they have any effect at all.

The stamina slider works on the 360 to some extent, however, the AI punchoutput slider doesn't work so what you'll have is if the stamina slider is lowered, the AI will just punch itself out after 6 rounds if its a brawler. Stamina seems to effect the AI more than the human. I could sit there doing the windwill with my arms for 10 rounds and still not tire out significantly enough to make a difference.

I think stamina is tied to the type of fighter you are too and not number of punches which is wrong. If you take an inside fighter and throw 80+ punches per round with a HW, you will see the stamina drain, if you take an outside fighter and throw 80+ punches a round, take a ton of body shots and get knocked down 3 times, you will still go into the 10th round with 90+ stamina each time.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Sbartlett did you see my "Sliders don't work" thread. I posted in there all the data on how sliders don't work for 360. Now it can easily be tested on PS3.

Leave CPU Punch output default and fight against CPU. Write down all the punch numbers per round and total punches thrown for CPU.

Then rematch the same two fighters but with CPU Punch output to Zero. Make sure to fight as similar pace as previous fight. Write down CPU punch numbers and total punches. You will see they will come out VERY close to the same amount of punches thrown.

Now do the same with it maxed out. I have done this test with several fighters and always the CPU output does not sway more than 50 punches over the whole fight. So roughly 5 punches a round difference.

Post #31
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042161348

Last edited by Phobia; 03-18-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
Staff Writer

Yeah I read those, man. Output may be the only broken slider. I tested it out, and the fights seemed about the same pace, but this is very hard to quantify. You can't recreate the exact same scenarios to test it perfectly...but I did notice that the output was typically larger in later rounds, even when I adjusted the sliders. It seemed to work for earlier rounds, but it could be just the pace of the fight. Tough to call. Other than that, the other sliders on ps3 worked fine.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Yeah I read those, man. Output may be the only broken slider. I tested it out, and the fights seemed about the same pace, but this is very hard to quantify. You can't recreate the exact same scenarios to test it perfectly...but I did notice that the output was typically larger in later rounds, even when I adjusted the sliders. It seemed to work for earlier rounds, but it could be just the pace of the fight. Tough to call. Other than that, the other sliders on ps3 worked fine.
You are saying the accuracy slider works? So if you put it to 0, you are seeing a dramatic difference in connect %?

Typically, they are above 50%, hovering near 60. That's not even close to being realistic. 30% range would be best with proper stamina drain for missed punches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

No it has been confirmed by the EA devs with me through e-mail that Punch accuracy and CPU output are broken. All others work but the effect is just not as pronounced as we would all like to see. Which is why people think Stamina slider does not work. It does work it is just very little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »