Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Actually it's the TE but I agree he will never get there to set a good block.
Won't you have the option of handing it off to the HB instead of the WR?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
Rookie

I wish we could create the plays
Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #19
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
Won't you have the option of handing it off to the HB instead of the WR?
probably not on the same play. there could be a linked play that hands it off to the HB instead. Ace - Big had a similar play like that in a few playbooks in NCAA 11, Houston and Oklahoma State were 2 that did.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #20
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by germainoinsano
I wish we could create the plays
They did this one year. The problem with creating plays is that it would completly screw with the system because of how inorganic it is. By that I mean that the game cannot adjust, so adding in a new play that the AI is not scripted to understand would be an issue. (Atleast that is my take from playing the game.)

As for this play, I agree it is hopeless unless defenses bite on fakes. Also it would help if I could move a second defender pre snap so I can pick up the extra blocker like I do on any other play.

Another thing that would help is if we could just make every fake style handoff into an option style play. So if I call HB fake endaround, if I see that the defense is heavily lined up on the side my endaround is run to, I can decide to give the handoff. I'm not sure if plays work like this IRL but it seems plausible using the triple option for my reasoning.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
From the first post:

"Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep – Oregon State’s Weak I Normal Fly Sweep has the TE aligned on the line of scrimmage to the split end side of the formation. This creates an unbalanced set to the left with extra blockers for the fly sweep. "

So unless EA is clueless about a formation they put in the game, then it's a tackle. If the backside tackle can pull and get out in front of a fly sweep, then it's no fly sweep, it's an end around. Which is fine. Oregon state might just call end arounds fly sweeps to sound cutting edge.
to me, it looks like whoever described the play did an bass-ackwards job of describing it. from the play art, the tackle could possibly make it over there to lead if, and only if, the play is slower developing with the HB running off tackle before the sweep action. i'm interested in seeing how this thing looks in actual gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have a feeling that this play will turn out like a lot of the play action plays and sweeps in the games do, the defense shoots straight through the line and hits your ballcarrier too quickly for you to do anything about it.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #23
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
I like the attention to Oregon State lol. Good to see.
Dunno if it'll work, but hey, we can at least wait and see this year. who knows
Old 03-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
I just want custom playbooks, new plays are nice but whats the point if there are only limited to certain playbooks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »