Home

Fight Night Champion Review

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Review within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Fight Night Champion Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBartlett
Yeah I read those, man. Output may be the only broken slider. I tested it out, and the fights seemed about the same pace, but this is very hard to quantify. You can't recreate the exact same scenarios to test it perfectly...but I did notice that the output was typically larger in later rounds, even when I adjusted the sliders. It seemed to work for earlier rounds, but it could be just the pace of the fight. Tough to call. Other than that, the other sliders on ps3 worked fine.
I see what you saying man, but if it worked correctly at 0 you should see a noticable difference in how many punches the CPU is throwing. Just for example.

Per round
0 should put them in the 30 to 50 range
5 should put them in 50 to 70 range
10 should put them in 70 to 100 range

This would become easy to see some sort of pattern per round. But because they have no effect we look at it like you said and go "ahhh it could be this or could be that". The whole purpose of sliders is to adjust the game to our liking, if we can't see a difference then in essences it is not working.

CPU Punch Output = Broken
Punch Accuracy = Broken
All others = Minimal effect
Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #18
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
This is an interesting discussion here. I agree with you Phobia, it just stinks to not have that work. I don't blame people from being upset, to an extent. If you look at the whole body of work in this game, I think it stands strong.

But I did play a lot of matches and the stamina seemed so random -- not cool, especially when it was marketed to have very scientific and accurate stamina zones, etc.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
This is an interesting discussion here. I agree with you Phobia, it just stinks to not have that work. I don't blame people from being upset, to an extent. If you look at the whole body of work in this game, I think it stands strong.

But I did play a lot of matches and the stamina seemed so random -- not cool, especially when it was marketed to have very scientific and accurate stamina zones, etc.
Stamina seems to be dependent more on the boxers style than anything else from what I can tell. Take an outside fighter and they can sit there doing Zumba the whole match while flailing away and they will still most of their stamina left even if they are taking punches to the body. Power punches drain stamina regardless of what they do.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
I really, really wanna love this game but, the way that they score fights, especially in OWC fights, just might be the worst ive ever seen. Everything else in this game is so much fun....that is until the fights over and they tell you "I dont care if you dropped him 2 times and dominated the fight, you lose because he landed 60% of his punches to your 55%". WHAT!?!?!? I swear i threaten to sell this game everyday.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #21
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Yeah, I noticed that mostly wins go to who connected the most punches, not even who has the higher accuracy rate, which makes sense, but not in all fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:

Yea man it does, but what we going to do ya know. We can't twist their arm to make them fix things which we find "important". Couple the many issues I have had with the gym issue and I am very close to trading it in towards Top Spin 4 Monday.

Like I have stated before, I like the game a lot. But the mix of so many issues has taken my joy of the game away. PLUS I had my 4th freeze today on my Xbox Slim. I am not going to risk this game ruining my system. Only game to have froze my slim since I bought it. I should of recorded it also, but I was so annoyed I just shut my system off.

Crazy thing is this freeze came from a different area. It was at the fighter select screen. Just froze everything. Does not look good for this staying in my house.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

can anyone verify that the ps3 or xbox360 retail version has better, realistic judge scores for fights that go the distance, for example? in the demo (ps3), the judges seemed to not be watching the same fight i was playing.

thx

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »