Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #7 features the 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3.

Quote:
"3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3 - The 3-3-5 Okie formation is new to NCAA Football 12. This formation allows teams that base out of the 3-3-5 defense to get into a more rational “3-4 Normal” look. A widely used scheme from this look is the NCAA Blitz 3 which is a three deep, three under fire zone scheme. "
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
I wish instead of squares, O"s and X"s, the position or players number was listed and that we could somehow switch blitz/coverage assignment between position/player on the fly.

Also, I hope they've changed it so that in such coverages, the HUM control does not have to manually tell the corners to back off.

It would be even better if we could adjust the location of were we want players to start from and/or set the depth (5, 7, 12 yards) of individuals in our Secondary within the Defensive packages.
-->If I have an shutdown type corner, I would have him Bump-n-Bail to his Deep 3rd with this call.

I really hope player positional ratings play a better role on the Defensive side this year other than the speed factor.

I love the 3-3-5.
You can be very creative if given the controls to do so.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Rookie

CKA15's Arena

OVR: 1
This doesn't matter if they don't fix the zone defense anyway
Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKA15
This doesn't matter if they don't fix the zone defense anyway
I've always said, the circle coverages should be represented by the players zone coverage rating.
Meaning the higher the rating, the more area/space he's able to play in.
Dropping your DE should not mean good coverage just because you called a Zone if it's not within his skillset.

On the flipside though, many people think Zones are suppose to "Stop" an offense.
It's a bend-but-don't-break type of scheme while trying to confuse the QB and not give up the Big Play.
Those are the 3 Major points of a Zone scheme.

I believe it's not the Zone coverage in itself, because they can either code to "Over" cover an area or "Under" cover an area.
But it's the P. Manning QB's across the board that are able to pick apart defenses with ease.

There's only so much they can do on a Zone coverage.

Last edited by khaliib; 03-22-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I hope the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 ailgnments are fixed to make them viable defense this year

sent from parts unknown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I've always said, the circle coverages should be represented by the players zone coverage rating.
Meaning the higher the rating, the more area/space he's able to play in.
Dropping your DE should not mean good coverage just because you called a Zone if it's not within his skillset.

On the flipside though, many people think Zones are suppose to "Stop" an offense.
It's a bend-but-don't-break type of scheme while trying to confuse the QB and not give up the Big Play.
Those are the 3 Major points of a Zone scheme.

I believe it's not the Zone coverage in itself, because they can either code to "Over" cover an area or "Under" cover an area.
But it's the P. Manning QB's across the board that are able to pick apart defenses with ease.

There's only so much they can do on a Zone coverage.
That's an outstanding idea. I love it.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

This is a good blitz that a great deal of teams use. The thing that I think they need to do to make things like this effective is to have pre-snap timed movement. Do that and you have already halfway addressed the zone coverage issue. The best way to address any coverage issues IMO is to address things in front of it. There may be some logic in the players zone behavior that needs to be addressed but if up front is addressed then it makes the back end that much more solid.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
I wonder if this play will also be in the Nickel 3-3-5 sets? Looks like it could be a 3-3-5 exclusive play.

It's a useless play if it's only found in West Virginia or Tulsa's playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »