Home

WWE All Stars Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on WWE All Stars Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #17
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: WWE All Stars Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
They've shown it several times, there's 3 different career mode paths.

That's any game, people get tired of them in a week. No Mercy had one game mode, people still want it alone to be released again.

Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews
Personally I see the replayability in a few different lights.

1. The difficulty will be much different than SvR where it becomes impossible to lose a 1v1 match within an hour of playing the game. Why is this? I believe a lot of it has to do with the reversal system. In SvR the reversals barely make sense, seeing the Big Show backflip out of a back-grapple is just ridiculous. But, the grapple reversals aren't contextual thus they do no damage. In All-Stars, not only is every grapple truly reversable (i.e. a moonsault is reversed into a tombstone, powerbomb reversed into hurracanrana, etc.) but every reversable is also reversable, and the reversals actually do damage. So when you couple that with the fast paced action of the game, I truly feel as though it'll be a very complex fighting game that stays challenging for a long time due to the "back and forth" nature of the fights. The CPU always will have a chance, they can truly reverse finishers, and they seem to be pretty intelligent. This is without factoring sliders in (if there are any) and also without knowing just how many difficulty levels there will be.

2. I think online could be a lot of fun. I played a ton of Super Street Fighter 4 online and I feel as though this game mirrors the complexity and fun that you can have online. If you want to be great at this game, you're going to need to log many hours practicing. If you want to play online casually, that's cool too, but the players that have practiced are going to smoke you. This game is a lot deeper than I think people understand at this point. Smackdown vs Raw was never, ever fun for me to play online. At no point did it feel like a match, never had any flow to it, etc. When I played No Mercy with friends it was always a blast, when I played it online with some people (emulator obviously) it was still a blast all these years later. I feel as though All-Stars will resemble a No Mercy type multiplayer experience as opposed to an SvR experience.

3. Last but certainly not least, every fighter seems to have their own thing going. Meaning if you want to be proficient with your favorite 5 or 10 wrestlers in the game, you're going to have to learn how to use each one. This is an element missing from any other wrestling game I've ever played. All the same button presses, moves, etc were used for every fighter. The only difference was a high flyer would use the top rope more, or throw himself outside the ring. But inside the ring, every wrestler was virtually identical in terms of play style. They all looked different and had different moves, but the execution was the same. With All-Stars, every wrestler seems to actually be different. If I spend a few hours and learn the ins and outs of Mr. Perfect (my all time favorite wrestler). That doesn't mean I'll be successful with The Ultimate Warrior, because they're so different. THQ has done a great job of this. It's the same as Street Fighter, I can kick butt with Akuma, but if I attempt the same strategies and play-style with Zangief in my next match, I'm going to get obliterated.

I think all of those things coupled with all of the game modes make this wrestling game the one with the HIGHEST replayability. At the very least, far and away the highest replayability on the next gen systems/wrestling games. There's a couple of Japanese games, Firepro, KOC2 that have high replayability as well. But I absolutely believe this one blows everything on ps3/360 (wrestling games, obviously) out of the water.
If it plays out like you are posting, then this will be good. I'll rent first through GF and if I like it, I'll just keep it.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #18
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Out of 4 games I am 2 and 2. One win I was lucky to pull off the finisher and KO Rey. The other I just manhandled him quickly.

Pros: Control scheme works well IMO, graphics graphics graphics, cpu AI and difficulty! Yes I said computer difficulty. 3/4 matches were fun and competitive. The biggest issue with Smackdown games is the ai and lack of challenge. Finisher timing. While the finishers happen quickly, If I've not beat the other guy down they are extremely hard to pull off due to the taunt. I list this as a positive because in wrestling this makes sense and makes me look forward to the cage match idea even more!

Cons: Well honestly, lack of modes might be one and the dlc is another if it is not inexpensive. The demo I did not find really any cons. To nit pick maybe the signature move is a little too easy to acquire and moves become repetitive, but that had a very No Mercy feel to it.

I will make this a first day purchase now. Anytime I can pick up and play the computer and have fun, I know there will be plenty of replay value just on one on one modes. For any casual wrestling fan or someone who loves fighting games this is for sure worth a look. It is a WWE product, but almost feels like an ENTERTAINMENT product more than a wrestling game.

Just my 2 cents
Old 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #19
Rookie

WatchTheThrone's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't wait to try this demo out later tonight!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #20
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Look at it this way, it's more of a fighting game than a wrestling game, and THQ is flat out admitting that.

Buying a game like Street Fighter 4 or Marvel vs. Capcom 3, you know you're going to beat the story mode in about 10-15 minutes. Then what?

All-Stars is on that same level of game, it's basically an arcade fighter with wrestlers. Very easy to pick up, and with just about 5 games played earlier I could easily tell will be a blast for awhile.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #21
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Tried the demo, was surprised how cool it was. But I still hold SVR 2011 above this. It just offers more of what I like in a wrestling game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #22
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Two more vids.

Ultimate Warrior vs Rey Mysterio

Rey Mysterio vs Ultimate Warrior Match #2(best vid of the bunch)

Old 03-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hey guys! Just wanted to share this guide I ran across. It really really helps you understand the game. And for those who don't think this game is deep, just wait until you look at the combos!
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/wwe/AllStars_Images/WWE_AllStars_Demo_StrategyGuide.pdf
Old 03-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #24
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I always get suspcious when a demo comes out and 40-50% of 360 users can't get it until after the game is out.

The videos there raised a big question,how many standing grapple moves are there?
Looking at the guide it seems there's only 2? But there's more if you do a strike first?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »