Home

EA Sports Jumping Back into Baseball?

This is a discussion on EA Sports Jumping Back into Baseball? within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
I hope EA is secretly developing an engine for the consoles. We need MVP back! I can't stand playing MLB 2K, it still doesn't feel like a Baseball sim.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #10
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes305
EA should stick to football and soccer
Yeah no thanks EA, because in all reality, MVP 05 wasnt a very good game out of the box. If it wasnt for all the mods we would have forgotten about it a long time ago. The college games they made were pretty good, but two pretty damn good baseball on the market is plenty
Old 03-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
Exclamation Re: EA Sports Jumping Back into Baseball?

Sony does a great job with The Show. However, I would welcome EA and other companies to make baseball games. This is best for us - the consumer. Competition breeds innovation. I long for the days when there were 3 to 4 baseball games a year. Since baseball is the best sport, this would be great news. Exclusive rights are bad!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #12
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This has to be more about utilizing the Facebook medium since millions are on there.

EA just could not compete what the Show is bringing to the table.
There history says they can't. They are too far behind.

I guess the thinking is putting out an NBA Jam type of game on the Biggest Social Network.

I wouldn't be suprise if EA tries some type of EXCLUSIVE offer for Facebook.

Again, must be more about the Facebook medium than anything.
To dump College Basketball then attempt to jump back into Baseball with the Show as the standard is odd!!!
Ummm. MVP 05 does things that The Show still doesnt do. As much as I love the show, MVP is still better. They have full Single A minors which add even more depth to franchise, plus in owner mode you could create new stadiums. No other SPORTS game does that. Plus they have just as good fielding, batting and pitching mechanics, and MVP NCAA was the first to use Analog controls. If the same dev team was put together to bring back MVP, the show would have to watch out and it would probably bring out the best in SCEA, cause 2k cant
Old 03-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #13
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
Ummm. MVP 05 does things that The Show still doesnt do. As much as I love the show, MVP is still better. They have full Single A minors which add even more depth to franchise, plus in owner mode you could create new stadiums. No other SPORTS game does that. Plus they have just as good fielding, batting and pitching mechanics, and MVP NCAA was the first to use Analog controls. If the same dev team was put together to bring back MVP, the show would have to watch out and it would probably bring out the best in SCEA, cause 2k cant
SCEA already puts out a great product. EA bringing a baseball game to the surface would not push them any harder. Sure, SCEA devs know that 2K is the lesser of the two, but that has not stopped them from making changes to their product to better please their fanbase. They get it, and that's why they now have such a huge following. People have literally went out and bought a PS3 JUST for MLB The Show (I am one of them). It is THAT much better than 2K.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #14
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: EA Sports Jumping Back into Baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
Man, gotta love how with age, people only remember the good. I honestly thought the hitting system was terrible. Aiming up for a flyball and down for a groundball? No thanks.

The Show's analog pitching has surpassed MVP's by a mile. I'd have to purposely try to throw a ball in MVP.

On top of that, the overwhelming amount of little things puts the Show way over the top. MVP was good in it's day, but if I pop it in now, I can't even get through an inning, even with the great mods people put out.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports Jumping Back into Baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Yeah no thanks EA, because in all reality, MVP 05 wasnt a very good game out of the box. If it wasnt for all the mods we would have forgotten about it a long time ago. The college games they made were pretty good, but two pretty damn good baseball on the market is plenty
What's the other good baseball game on the market?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #16
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Great thing for gamers they might have A CHOICE IN BASEBALL GAMES SOON. NOW WHAT ABOUT FOOTBALL?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »