Home

EA Sports Jumping Back into Baseball?

This is a discussion on EA Sports Jumping Back into Baseball? within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Sports Jumping Back into Baseball?

I'm all for choice. I adored MVP05 but it hasn't aged well (just IMO, of course). The only thing that I think is still superior to what we see in The Show is the fielding just because it's so much more fluid in responsive. Otherwise it was a game that at the time felt more sim than most baseball games we had seen but compared to what we have now... well not so much.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
Ummm. MVP 05 does things that The Show still doesnt do. As much as I love the show, MVP is still better. They have full Single A minors which add even more depth to franchise, plus in owner mode you could create new stadiums. No other SPORTS game does that. Plus they have just as good fielding, batting and pitching mechanics, and MVP NCAA was the first to use Analog controls. If the same dev team was put together to bring back MVP, the show would have to watch out and it would probably bring out the best in SCEA, cause 2k cant
A+ post.

Would read again.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
Man, gotta love how with age, people only remember the good. I honestly thought the hitting system was terrible. Aiming up for a flyball and down for a groundball? No thanks.
I'm not gonna argue your other stuff because it's games that are now 6 years apart. If you took guitar lessons the last 6 years, you'd probably be punching out some good licks by now.

The batting in MVP is not simply aim up for flyballs and down for groundballs. Plenty of MVP vets will tell you that you can go down after a low pitch and jack it or line it to somewhere in the park and that aiming up will cause you to top a ball into a weak grouder..... sort of like the real thing.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #20
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5000
What's the other good baseball game on the market?
lol

Old 03-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

EA was on track to doing baseball right. Yeah, going back to play MVP 05 now, 6 years later, leaves a lot to be desired. At the time, it was nearly perfect for fun and realism.

I love The Show, think it's amazing, I can't even think of a flaw that comes to mind right now. But as with most everything, competition is a good thing! Seeing EA and SCEA face off in which MLB game is better year in and year out... well, just think about it. It would be great! I think EA would instantly jump to #2 behind SCEA and in front of 2K, and then it would be a dogfight. I honestly don't know what I'd do. I'd have to try out the new EA ballgame.

I compare baseball games to MVP 05. I played 4 or 5 seasons on that thing, I loved it. I can see myself doing that with MLB 11, because when I play that game I get the same feeling I had when I plyaed MVP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #22
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Yeah no thanks EA, because in all reality, MVP 05 wasnt a very good game out of the box. If it wasnt for all the mods we would have forgotten about it a long time ago. The college games they made were pretty good, but two pretty damn good baseball on the market is plenty
Up until this year's The Show, MVP was still my all time favorite, and I never once touched it on a PC.

So no.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #23
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

i still don't get it. Why in the world would ANYONE not welcome ANY company to produce a baseball game if possible. It's not as if the company has one dev team that works on every game. Heck, i'd be all for 100 different baseball games. Who cares? Choice is always a good thing and at the very least, every company might bring something to the table that another company like SCEA could look at and say "hey, that was a good idea. Lets impliment something along those lines" u know, like how they implimented meter pitching which MVP did years prior?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Up until this year's The Show, MVP was still my all time favorite, and I never once touched it on a PC.

So no.
Same here, man. I didn't play it on PC until 2007 and it was by far my favorite baseball game ever after playing it on PS2 with no mods at all for the two years prior. I love The Show, but I still think that game is half a step behind MVP purely in the gameplay department and that game is six years old now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
i still don't get it. Why in the world would ANYONE not welcome ANY company to produce a baseball game if possible. It's not as if the company has one dev team that works on every game. Heck, i'd be all for 100 different baseball games. Who cares? Choice is always a good thing and at the very least, every company might bring something to the table that another company like SCEA could look at and say "hey, that was a good idea. Lets impliment something along those lines" u know, like how they implimented meter pitching which MVP did years prior?
Bingo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »