Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #12: Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #12: Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #12: Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Bottom line, if they don't improve on zone coverage in a big way, this and many other plays will basically be useless.
Not absolutely useless but on 3rd & long with fast LBs, I might call this ans user one of the blitzers. In every other situation, like any zone play, it will be easy to beat for 5-7 yards every single play quick or easily for 15-20 yards if you get a couple seconds, so you need to get to the QB fast.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #12: Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
wait, does that mean pre snap movement that actually works with the play? instead of random movement? intriguing.
Pre-snap prowling only really makes a difference if the offense responds to it whether it's calling an audible or the QB sees the movement and decides the coverage is man when it's cover 2 in. So against the computer it's worthless, against another person it may make a difference, but then again if the only time the defense prowls like this is for this play, now I know it's 2 deep, four under and I know where my hot read is and where the hole in the zone is so this another play that without a complimentary play is pretty much useless.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

ehh... This sin't my type of play. I prefer plays with both Man and Zone. IDK why, thus play just fails to impress me.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

i think im goin to be abusing this play

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just hope blitzers are a little more intelligent this year. Sometimes I feel like sending extra guys just puts a ton of bodies in the middle without getting anyone free. Everyone, even the linemen, seem to rush straight ahead to the center of the pocket instead of opening a lane for the free man to rush through.

This kind of play looks interesting but if every rusher just takes a straight line toward the center of the pocket, and every blocker instantly knows who is rushing and manages to put his body perfectly between the rusher and the QB, then it's just another blitz that relies on lucky block-shedding more than anything else.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
Pre-snap prowling only really makes a difference if the offense responds to it whether it's calling an audible or the QB sees the movement and decides the coverage is man when it's cover 2 in. So against the computer it's worthless, against another person it may make a difference, but then again if the only time the defense prowls like this is for this play, now I know it's 2 deep, four under and I know where my hot read is and where the hole in the zone is so this another play that without a complimentary play is pretty much useless.
thats not necessarily true, ive had the cpu audible or flip a play because of the presnap movement i've done. Granted it was me controlling the presnap movement with shifts but the cpu def flipped the play because of it.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #15
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
I can see myself using this play quite a bit on defense if they implement it right!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »