Home

With No EA Sports Sim Basketball Title Until 2012, Are You Confident in NBA 2K12?

This is a discussion on With No EA Sports Sim Basketball Title Until 2012, Are You Confident in NBA 2K12? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
I love when ppl say "highly overrated" liek what they say is FACT. it's not, it's opinion. 2K11 IMO is the 2nd best bball sim of all-time (after College Hoops 2K8) and I bet a lot more ppl would agree with that than your lame opinion.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 11
While I am satisfied with NBA 2K11. It is definitely a great game, but I hope they can find a way to smooth out the controls/animations (maybe a refreshed dribbling system that uses the right analog stick with an L2 modifier) That would be my ideal dribbling control system that almost mimics Elite's but will allow 2K to keep its crown.

If they fail to do so next year, I predict EA's NBA Elite will regain its stature like it has been able to do with games such as FIFA, and its reboot of the NHL franchise.

Does anybody agree?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4
ive always bought nba live cuz i guess thats what i really know thats nba video game related. NBA 2k11 was the first nba 2k game that ive ever bought and i kinda like it. it isnt knock my socks off while on the couch with just underwear on, but it is pretty decent. so im really saying is is that ill buy it if its impressive than buying my first nba 2k game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: With No EA Sports Sim Basketball Title Until 2012, Are You Confident in NBA 2K12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by almatic
I love when ppl say "highly overrated" liek what they say is FACT. it's not, it's opinion. 2K11 IMO is the 2nd best bball sim of all-time (after College Hoops 2K8) and I bet a lot more ppl would agree with that than your lame opinion.
Im with you on that.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: With No EA Sports Sim Basketball Title Until 2012, Are You Confident in NBA 2K12?

This almost assures us that they will relax for 2k12.

So no I'm not confident that 2k12 will be a big improvement but I wouldn't mind paying for a roster update of this game with a few minor improvements.

It's essentially what another sports game which is known for "being the best Sim of its sports" has been doing since '09 and people don't mind dealing with it.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #14
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: No Competition For NBA 2K12, EA Sports Delays Their Sim Basketball Game Until 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
WOW!! That clearly is a hit or miss move that will seal the fate of EA in the basketball realm for this generation. I wonder if there will be any layoffs from this. Would be the perfect time for 2K to release a college game so they can garner a following similar to the NCAA titles.
No layoffs at all, you have to sometimes read between the lines, this game was clearly never coming out this year, the team was recently put together and just because Peter announced this now, this decision was made a long time ago. Just like when Mike Wang left Ea that announcement was not made till I believe February or March of 2010, well he had been gone since like Novemeber of 2009. So This is no surprise...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19
I say build an Open Custom Editor (Backbreaker Style), throw in a 64 Team Tourney and beta test a response to a College Basketball within NBA 2k12.

Lock down Basketball like EA did with football, except 2k doesn't have to pay for an Exclusive License because gamers will use the Open Editor to create the Teams they want.

Or even better,

Just give us an Open Editor and watch your game blossom to the best video game ever made.
You take care of the Visuals and the foundation and let the Community build the rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm expecting NBA 2K12 to be a better game then NBA 2K11. With that being said, I don't think it will sell more units and I expect it to have lower review scores as well. IMO, there is nothing that 2K can do to prevent this. The lack of competition this year WILL cause some reviewers and gamers to charge 2K with resting on their laurels just on general principle and not after a thorough evaluation of the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »