Home

EA Sports Will Launch its Next NBA Simulation Title in Fall 2012

This is a discussion on EA Sports Will Launch its Next NBA Simulation Title in Fall 2012 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 11
Even though I haven't purchased an NBA Live title since Live 03, I really hate the lack of competition on the sim bball arena this year. Though I'm an avid NBA 2K fan, I haven't been all too pleased with the direction the series has taken the last three years, and am a bit pessimistic about this year's release. Having said that, I can respect EA for at least devoting another year toward development instead of just rushing the game through the door to make a quick buck. But after the NBA Elite fiasco, this was probably their only option.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Where would the game be if they had just given the original dev team the two years it needed to take the series in the direction Elite was headed in? The management decisions continue to baffle...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Canes305's Arena

OVR: 3
Stick to football and hockey,EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
cant wait to see some more news on this. i love 2k11 but i would give a lot to play some ea ball again. i need that crossover stick in my life.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19
Basketball is not a big market like Football.

I can't understand why they would drop their College Basketball when they would have reaped 100% of available prodits, for a very, very small piece of the pie that they would get by competing with a Game that has left them in the dust.

Innovation has not been EA's strongest quality.
Whatever they release at this point, has to be something that 2k does not offer in it's game.

They're known for replicating what's out, and many times not replicating it any better.
This is why I feel they are just too far behind.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: EA Sports Will Launch its Next NBA Simulation Title in Fall 2012

I don't worry about 2K getting lazy because they know that EA has time to make something decent. I'm 100% sure they don't want to be caught off guard in '12 and lose all of the ground they've worked so hard to gain.

But let me be the first to remind you all that I called this. I've never known Tiburon to be a developer that would take someone else's broken code and try to work with it. They like to do their OWN thing. Who could blame them?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Next EA Sports NBA Game Will Not Release Until 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
I heard this back in December from a Former employee that The team STILL wasnt put together as of late novemeber and that is the usual time for pre development meetings and with the game being built from the ground up that person said "No Way" this game will be out this year. Take it for what its worth but he's very reliable.....

Wow so up untill that team or even now they don't have a team? God I was hoping they at least work on something from the gate and take a extra year off to make it the best game possible. Now they have to make ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Next EA Sports NBA Game Will Not Release Until 2012?

Wow....exclusivity without having to pay for it....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »