Home

25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #10: PA Jags DBL Post

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #10: PA Jags DBL Post within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #10: PA Jags DBL Post

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in Madden NFL 12.

To be clear, there are more than 25 new plays in the game. Each day, a new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to Madden NFL 12.

Play #10 features the PA Jags DBL Post.

Quote:
"Jaguars - Strong Pro - PA Jags DBL Post - The Jaguars are a run first team and like to control the tempo with HB Maurice Jones-Drew on the ground. After establishing the ground game, they like to use play action to take shots down the field. One of their big play action plays is this one where they look to try and hit their huge, breakout performer TE Marcedes Lewis on a post route."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #10: PA Jags DBL Post

Play-action has never been good in Madden except for Madden 04-05 i think it was. That when it really worked and seemed as if you handed the ball off to the ball carrier, it was soo good it faked me out once myself and i called the play. At that point the cursor over the quarterback would move to the running back and truly look like a fake. It hasn't been like that since then and its pretty useless when a defender comes....
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I have to say I really enjoy these...it's cool to see plays that were actually called last year being replicated in the game.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
Play-action has never been good in Madden except for Madden 04-05 i think it was. That when it really worked and seemed as if you handed the ball off to the ball carrier, it was soo good it faked me out once myself and i called the play. At that point the cursor over the quarterback would move to the running back and truly look like a fake. It hasn't been like that since then and its pretty useless when a defender comes....

I have to disagree here. It worked perfect for me on 10. Defenders would go for the fake and it was comfortable to use. For some reason it took a major step back on 11.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

PA was good in 10. 11 was harder, but not impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
PA was good in 10. 11 was harder, but not impossible.
Well, it simply doesn't work in M11, at least not on All-Madden. That doesn't mean you can't use the plays to some success every now and then, but if they work, they do so in spite of the fake, not because of it (no lineman or blitzing LB EVER falls for the fake. Not a single one, not ever. I've tried it often enough)
Old 04-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Well, it simply doesn't work in M11, at least not on All-Madden. That doesn't mean you can't use the plays to some success every now and then, but if they work, they do so in spite of the fake, not because of it (no lineman or blitzing LB EVER falls for the fake. Not a single one, not ever. I've tried it often enough)
100% Wrong. In Madden 10 it worked far beyond reason, many leagues even neutered the use of it on downs over a certain distance because it worked in ANY situation. This year the blitz will still go for the QB, that's the only difference. If a defender has high PRC why should he fall for the fake?

I actually prefer this years PA over M10, and I'm a run first PA type of team, as I'm exclusive to Carolina. And as far as it being a success despite the fake QB's with a high PAC rating are probably my biggest annoyance seeing as how you don't even have to establish the run with them to get it going. (I play on ALL-MADDEN)

Back on topic, I'm noticing alot of clear out routes that will definitely impact manual users in the secondary, this is what the 2nd/3rd Double post play?

Last edited by s38s38s; 04-06-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Well playing against a human player for me, it has never worked (Madden 11). I play against my little brother a lot and usually play defensive end and he does the same sometimes. Every time i call a play action regardless of the situation, he comes in and i'm at a loss and vice versa for him. Thats why when we play each other we never call play action anymore.

I just remember in Madden 04-05 i think it was back on the Xbox, the player cursor going over to the running back really faking out the opponent you were playing before it went back to the quarterback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »