Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX910
As someone who has played tournament golf with a caddy (and failed miserably), this is exactly what my caddy did for me most of the time. They suggest an exact shot to hit, if you agree with him/her, all you're left to do is hit the shot. My caddy knew my game probably better than I did.

As far as the caddy in the game, I hate it....the game was already easy and this makes it easier....like many have said I just want the option to turn it off.
The caddie did not line up your body for the shot and tell you to let it go. Club selection and shot, sure, but I bet your caddie knew distances to the front of the green, etc. TW12 has none of this.

It would be like buying a Call of Duty game and having someone else aim for you.

Even as annoying as it is to turn off every hole, you still can't use the camera properly to manage your shots.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Based on the demo I'm glad I didn't buy this. I will just play TW11 for another year. That is one of the best golf games in recent years.
If you ignore the Caddy which I do, I find TW12 FAR more challenging in Tournament difficulty than I ever did with TW11....sorry to hear you will be missing out.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
If you ignore the Caddy which I do, I find TW12 FAR more challenging in Tournament difficulty than I ever did with TW11....sorry to hear you will be missing out.
I cannot play without the putting meter. Tournament difficulty is not an option for me. Sorry. I know you love the game but I want to play with the putting meter on with true aim, and I can't do that anymore.

I honestly don't know how any human can make a putt without the meter. TW11 putting with the meter was perfect realism for me. I would two putt most reasonable putts, but still miss the occasional short one (as well as drain the occasional longer one). Speed was a little easy to manage, but you still had to get the combo of speed and line right.

I really would like to buy this game if I thought I would enjoy it. The graphics are a huge step up. EA just took the game I loved and removed my style of play on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Putting in 12 is far more realistic and challenging than 11, IMO. And I really thought 11 was challenging, but it pales in comparison to 12 so far for me. I will admit it takes alot of practice, but draining birdie and par-saving putts is very rewarding. I have always wanted a Golf game that challenged me to break par, but I am finding 12 challenging me to MAKE par in Tournament difficulty. I'm really immersed in the challenge 12 provides. Sorry 12 doesn't interest you...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
I haven't played T-Woods since the PS2 days. I played the demo last night and thought, "WTF." There was no way to aim the ball myself. My first drive was outstanding. Hated the caddy feature. Couldn't figure out what was up with putting. This review cinches it - I won't be getting the game, as much as I love the addition of Augusta. I may just get an older copy to get my T-Woods fix on the PS3. At least I won't have to spend much money.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Putting in 12 is far more realistic and challenging than 11, IMO. And I really thought 11 was challenging, but it pales in comparison to 12 so far for me. I will admit it takes alot of practice, but draining birdie and par-saving putts is very rewarding. I have always wanted a Golf game that challenged me to break par, but I am finding 12 challenging me to MAKE par in Tournament difficulty. I'm really immersed in the challenge 12 provides. Sorry 12 doesn't interest you...
Putting is much, much harder (not something I asked for). Meterless putting is something I knew of only a few people wanting, now it is the only way to get a realistic game?

Meterless putting is lunacy with a tiny thumbstick. 10 feet on the green is tiny millimeters of pressure on the stick. I could go out on a PGA Tour Green for real and do better.

True aim in TW11 is way more realistic for approach shots. Even tournament difficulty makes aiming approach shots easy. We're back to the magic aiming camera even if I pick true aim.

They forced meterless putting on me, and removed my favorite part of the game.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #15
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

I figured out why all my shots are wild, when you disable the caddy, he still will put fade or draw or whatever he thinks on your club and you have to change it yourself to just hit it straight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
The caddie did not line up your body for the shot and tell you to let it go. Club selection and shot, sure, but I bet your caddie knew distances to the front of the green, etc. TW12 has none of this.

It would be like buying a Call of Duty game and having someone else aim for you.

Even as annoying as it is to turn off every hole, you still can't use the camera properly to manage your shots.
That's a prety bad analogy since in golf the caddie tells you how to aim. No he doesn't put is hands on you and line you up, but we are talking about pro golfers here who know how to aim their own body...so a caddie might as well be a lot of the times.

I like the feature but agree it could be toned down a bit in some manner. I did turn the audio off instantly...which is ironic because I think the sysmte would work a lot better if it was more audio heavy without the direct visual lines and whatnot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »