Home

Peter Moore: Tiger 12 Posts Best First-Week Sales in Franchise's History

This is a discussion on Peter Moore: Tiger 12 Posts Best First-Week Sales in Franchise's History within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Peter Moore: Tiger 12 Posts Best First-Week Sales in Franchise's History

At tonight's EA Sports Season Opener event, Peter Moore began the presentation by stating that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters had the best first-week sell-through sales in the franchise's history.

He attributed these strong sales to the excitement that surrounds the Masters as well as the overall quality of Tiger 12 this year. The point about the quality of this year's title is somewhat debatable in context because Peter Moore and EA like to point to Metacritic and a score of 90 as a gold standard. So if you look at the Metacritic ratings this year, the Tiger 12 Metacritic rating is about 80 when averaging together the Wii/360/PS3 versions of the game, which is about the same as the Tiger 11 rating. In fact, Tiger 12 is actually percentage points lower than Tiger 11 if the Wii/360/PS3 scores are combined.

Regardless, Tiger 12's 80 Metacritic score is still strong in the grand scheme of things, and it appears that the aura of the Masters was able to surpass the hits to the Tiger brand name over the last year -- at least when it comes to initial sales.

UPDATE: Destructoid's Samit Sarkar has condensed EA's press release detailing the first-week sales for Tiger. EA states Tiger sold 225,000 units during its best-ever first week. However, the more impressive sales figures may be the uptick in year-over-year DLC revenues and the chart-topping iPhone version of Tiger 12.
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 15
Peter Moore sure like to brag about every little thing.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Peter Moore: Tiger 12 Posts Best First-Week Sales in Franchise's History

It's just because of Augusta.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well I must have helped that a little. I haven't bought a TW game in 7 years. I guess the thought of Augusta was a little enticing, but for me, it really was just not wanting to go back to Gamecube graphics when I wanted to play some golf.

I must say though, I am having fun with the newest iteration. While I haven't gotten that far into career mode to run into the 4th round pin placement issue, I have had some struggles with putting...but seem to be getting better as my attributes are getting higher.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i'm looking for a new game. The Nascar game just isn't exciting me, i dont want to buy MLB the Show 11 even though i know its great because i started up my franchise from MLB the Show 10 and i think finishing my franchise from that game will be more rewarding then starting up again in the new game. So i'm thinking of picking this one up. Are people happy with this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm with you cardswin2006, I just couldn't get over the awful graphics. A golf game should be (and usually is) a graphics showcase, not a graphics shamecase. I also don't like swinging the club with the left stick, I'm right handed so why the hell would I use the left stick to swing. Speaking of which, does anyone know if that can be changed? If it can I may pick up Tiger 12 used here down the road. If it can't i'm not interested in it at all..
Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm with you cardswin2006, I just couldn't get over the awful graphics. A golf game should be (and usually is) a graphics showcase, not a graphics shamecase. I also don't like swinging the club with the left stick, I'm right handed so why the hell would I use the left stick to swing. Speaking of which, does anyone know if that can be changed? If it can I may pick up Tiger 12 used here down the road. If it can't i'm not interested in it at all..
Yes. It can be changed to either LS or RS in the options > controls something menu.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
Well I must have helped that a little. I haven't bought a TW game in 7 years. I guess the thought of Augusta was a little enticing, but for me, it really was just not wanting to go back to Gamecube graphics when I wanted to play some golf.

I must say though, I am having fun with the newest iteration. While I haven't gotten that far into career mode to run into the 4th round pin placement issue, I have had some struggles with putting...but seem to be getting better as my attributes are getting higher.
same first I bought and it's a great golf game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »