Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #22: Rover Wk Dog

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #22: Rover Wk Dog within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #17
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I think it's worded wrong then. The side of the defense that has more players should not be called the weak side. Unless they're only using a TE as strong/weak designation and the "Sam" LB (which we know doesn't exist in NCAA/Madden) is said to be on the strong side. So the extra Safety (nickel back positon) is on the opposite side of the Sam, making it a "weak" blitz.

I dont know.
There is no "weak side of the defense" like there is for the offense. In real life the defense adjusts their positioning based on the strong side of the offense (for instance in real life there.are not ROLBs or LOLBs, but rather a strong side linebacker who lines up on the offense's strong side, and a weak side linebacker that lines up on the offense's weak side). So when it says that the blitz comes from the weak side it is referring to the fact that the blitz is attacking the weak side of the offense, not that the blitzers are on the "weak side of the defense." Although, as Knight9299 said, it ultimately doesn't matter since weakside/strongside is not properly implemented in the game.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #18
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #22: Rover Wk Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoFantastic
There is no "weak side of the defense" like there is for the offense. In real life the defense adjusts their positioning based on the strong side of the offense (for instance in real life there.are not ROLBs or LOLBs, but rather a strong side linebacker who lines up on the offense's strong side, and a weak side linebacker that lines up on the offense's weak side). So when it says that the blitz comes from the weak side it is referring to the fact that the blitz is attacking the weak side of the offense, not that the blitzers are on the "weak side of the defense." Although, as Knight9299 said, it ultimately doesn't matter since weakside/strongside is not properly implemented in the game.
Yes, I understand, but most defenses in this alignment will have the Safety/Nickel back mirror the strong side of the offense. If the offense comes out with 3 WR, 2 of them to the right, I would imagine the defense would flip this play to match up the Safety/Nickel back with the slot WR.

Also, if the offense does come out in that formation, more than likely, the slot WR would line up to the field side. Of course I'm talking real life here, I'm aware that strong and weak don't exist in Madden/NCAA.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Yes, I understand, but most defenses in this alignment will have the Safety/Nickel back mirror the strong side of the offense. If the offense comes out with 3 WR, 2 of them to the right, I would imagine the defense would flip this play to match up the Safety/Nickel back with the slot WR.

Also, if the offense does come out in that formation, more than likely, the slot WR would line up to the field side. Of course I'm talking real life here, I'm aware that strong and weak don't exist in Madden/NCAA.
You are assuming that the safety is playing a nickelback position, and I don't think that is the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »