Home

August 30 Will Be the New Release Date for Madden This Year and Beyond

This is a discussion on August 30 Will Be the New Release Date for Madden This Year and Beyond within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: August 30 Will Be the New Release Date for Madden This Year and Beyond

Can't argue with the date. The only negative is that we will have to wait longer to get our hands on the game.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
They had to battle it out with the almanac folks to make sure they knew the new Madden Holiday was changed?
Sounds good right?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

I think it's a great idea. I have always thought that NCAA Football and Madden were released too close together. Now this gives NCAA a little more breathing room.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Damn, this means for me I'll have less solo time with Madden since NHL would be released shortly after still I assume.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

I dont care if they release it on August 30 or February 9th....the game is the game regardless. If it increases the quality of the game I am all for it. If the game continues to be mediocre, does it really matter?

Only reason I dont like it is because I have school. I am taking 19 credits next semester. I wouldve gotten about 10 days with it before, but now Ill already be in school when its released.

OF course, this is all I assuming I buy it, which is a big IF at this point.

But again, the release date doesnt matter a bit if it doesnt help the actual game.

Last edited by 43M; 04-13-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

finally, more time for me to place ncaa.

felt kinda of a waste buying ncaa each year for only a handful of weeks. now we get two handfuls.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 21

If EA had competition, this would not be the case. I don't like this new release date. I like to play the preseason games in Madden, the same week as my 9ers real preseason games. Those weeks leading up to the start of the regular season could also help EA find bugs or glitches that us regular gamers find...that for some reason, their testers usually miss. So for all you know, we can have a broken game 2-3 weeks into the regular season.

Sure any other series we could give them the benefit of the doubt, this one however...imo is not the case.

I really don't think NCAA and Madden really compete with each other.....I feel fans of both leagues would buy both games, if they are good. It doesn't have to be either/or.

I don't really follow the NCAA that seriously, and usually don't have no intention of getting NCAA....this date being pushed back isn't really going to pushing me more to getting NCAA for what ever reason. But that is just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #16
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
If EA had competition, this would not be the case.
Yawn... Not to be a jerk, but just because we all think this doesn't mean we have to keep saying it. Ya know? I think at this point it is implied in every negative remark, even my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I like to play the preseason games in Madden, the same week as my 9ers real preseason games. Those weeks leading up to the start of the regular season could also help EA find bugs or glitches that us regular gamers find...that for some reason, their testers usually miss. So for all you know, we can have a broken game 2-3 weeks into the regular season.
You have a good point, but I think Madden has had major issues go unpatched until week 8 or 9. (Remember the Madden 08 Franchise bug that caused you to run out of players in free agency during franchise mode?... that went until late October or November, unpatched)

I think one thing that will help is the tuning system they are putting in just like NCAA 11 had last year. Otherwise, this is a common occurence now that we have online gaming as common-place. A LOT of games are coming out full of bugs that never would have been in XBOX or PS2 games simply because there was no room for error.

As an example, when I was in college there was a due date for a paper - no questions...period... I would put my heart and soul into that paper for the day it was due. If it wasn't turned in on time, I got a zero.

In high school, I had teachers that would give students a due date and then push it back if they were slacking and only take a few points off the paper for each day it was late or lacking in quality.

This current generation of game development has really taken a step back from college level to high school or even junior high level as far as quality presented on the 'due date'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »