Home

PureSim Baseball 4 Review (PC)

This is a discussion on PureSim Baseball 4 Review (PC) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
PureSim Baseball 4 Review (PC)

PureSim Baseball 4
is the latest and greatest installment in one of the finest baseball sims you can find on the market. PureSim is a game built on being statistically deep and having a simulation engine that is so solid that anyone who has ever wanted to dabble in the deep history of baseball can find a way to do so with this series.

Read More - PureSim Baseball 4 Review (PC)
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 16
Chris,
How would you rate this in comparison to OOTP 11?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachijohn666
Chris,
How would you rate this in comparison to OOTP 11?
It's all in what you want in a game -- and I mean that not to be non-committal but rather to be honest.

OOTP is more of a total business sim of baseball, you can get mod packs and whatnot to play historical seasons, etc. PureSim has the entire History of Baseball built in and focuses more on the on-field product than OOTP does. Neither game is bad where the other really shines, but they really do have different focuses.

I personally prefer OOTP because I like the business aspect of Baseball and I typically like to skip through micromanaging each game -- but both games are really quite solid.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: PureSim Baseball 4 Review (PC)

This sounds really interesting. Is this more along the lines of a replay game like Strat-o-matic or Diamond mind baseball? Or is it an overall GM experience like OOTP or baseball mogul? I'm interested in the on the field replay representaition that lets me manage a game with players who play realistically according to their capabilities.

Also, does the game incorporate lefty righty splits?

Thanks for the review!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

This is like a mix between strat-o-matic and OOTP. It is definitely alot less detailed in the financial aspect than OOTP and the on the field play is not as detailed as diamond mind baseball as far season replay (you don't have pitch by pitch).

However, I actually enjoy this game tremendously. The ability to play any season and have true life transactions is amazing. The games move at a pretty good pace. It just feels easy to play. You get a little bit of the best from both worlds of OOTP (manage your organization from season to season) and Diamond Mind (statistically accurate simulation).

The mods of all the stadiums, logos, and player faces to import into the game is awesome and easy to do.

I purchased PS4, installed it, dowloaded all of the faces, stadiums and logos, and started managing the 1986 Houston Astros, trying to get them past the Mets and to a World Series, in about 40 minutes. You can setup additional season replays in minutes really.

On a side note, I thought about buying PC Replay Baseball, Strat, or Diamond Mind, but they are cost prohibitive to buy multiple seasons. You could spend several hundred dollars buying those games and 4 or 5 seasons. PS4 was $30 and you can play any season.

Last edited by choadler; 04-14-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: additional commentary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Loved Strat-O-Matic board game growing up. Also have owned OOTP in the past. Love the game, but really not into all the GM stuff, contracts and such..... too deep for me. This Pure Sim Baseball 4 sounds about my cup of tea. Diamond Mind, which use to be Pursue the Pennant, always blew me away with their accuracy on stats and team records. That game really was amazing with accuracy.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Yeah, I love baseball sim games (not much into the GM aspects). Its funny that baseball is the only sport that really works for me when it comes to text games. But the text games really have it down to AI making right moves and stats coming out right. I'll probably get Pure Sim 4 based on the comments here. I also love Diamond Mind and Strat.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can you set up fictional leagues with different structures in this game? How is overall customization compared to OOTP?

What sort of player pictures are there for fictional players? Does it use facegen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »