Home

Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Another 3-Year Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
It's a business thing. They want to map out where their work is heading in the future and set goals. Nothing wrong with that.
I know what you mean. It just bothers me that they're already talking about the next 3 year plan when we still haven't seen the last 3 year plan come to fruition. Hopefully M12 blows me away and really does accomplish everything that was planned back between M09 and M10. But the two sentences below lead me to believe that vision won't be fulfilled in M12 because thats basically the same thing Ian said 3 years ago.
"Among other things, Tiburon plans to focus on "investing heavily in the core gameplay." That includes making sure that player behavior is flawless from "whistle to whistle," Weber said."

One huge positive though is that he says they have plans to double the development staff over the next couple years.

Hopefully the majority of that staff will be used for features (in-depth franchise mode), details (immersion, highlight shows etc.) and gameplay issues (consecutive hit tackles) we've been clamoring for instead of stuff like MUT and Autolog.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

i could be wrong but wasnt elite a 3 year plan?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #11
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

If this isn't the year of the franchise they're are going to have a lot of annoyed customers wanting answers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #12
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

IDK, it is what it is: some hyperbole to keep people fired up about the Madden franchise. Even if they didn't make public that they have a 3-year plan in place, generally I think they develop their game with the near future in mind. So in my opinion, this is nothing substantial at all.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #13

OVR: 34

Madden needs a visionary, someone to step in with realistic goals and then move toward achieving them. They need to stop meandering around message boards and lay off these silly teaser scenarios. There's a guy on Twitter claiming that if he gets so many followers he'll release another photo of Madden 12. We don't need that. The Madden team doesn't need that. It's chasing the wind on both ends.

Sound bytes, Hidden white board messages, mysterious videos hinting towards possible features...All these things need to simply go away. I don't know much about Madden's current GM (Cam Weber), but perhaps his comment about a 3 year plan is to introduce his goals for the franchise. Maybe so, but please stop with your ground men hinting and raising speculation about your product. this link that Chase provided does give a good outline of what they are introducing in M12, so I give them credit there:

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/madden-nfl-playbook

Outline what your vision is. Create realistic goals that are achievable. Present it in a clear and readable way so that those who are legitimately interested in the depth of your game aren't going around on a treasure hunt trying to discern what a picture of cheerleaders means.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Madden needs a visionary, someone to step in with realistic goals and then move toward achieving them. They need to stop meandering around message boards and lay off these silly teaser scenarios. There's a guy on Twitter claiming that if he gets so many followers he'll release another photo of Madden 12. We don't need that. The Madden team doesn't need that. It's chasing the wind on both ends.

Sound bytes, Hidden white board messages, mysterious videos hinting towards possible features...All these things need to simply go away. I don't know much about Madden's current GM (Cam Weber), but perhaps his comment about a 3 year plan is to introduce his goals for the franchise. Maybe so, but please stop with your ground men hinting and raising speculation about your product. this link that Chase provided does give a good outline of what they are introducing in M12, so I give them credit there:

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/madden-nfl-playbook

Outline what your vision is. Create realistic goals that are achievable. Present it in a clear and readable way so that those who are legitimately interested in the depth of your game aren't going around on a treasure hunt trying to discern what a picture of cheerleaders means.
Good Post Dave
Old 04-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
One huge positive though is that he says they have plans to double the development staff over the next couple years.
This is the part that excites me. Doubling the size of the core football development team might mean a return towards more sim like football, but then again... the exclusivity deals is ending soon, so it's a move they have to make
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm one of those jaded individuals that has come to take any information released with a grain of salt. Every year until M10 I thought I knew what I was getting be doing my due diligence; gathering all the information, downloading the demo only to find the end result was nothing of what I expected. my biggest issues with Madden is the maybe "next year" mantra. Every year I wait to see if legacy issues are fixed, and they never are. A 3 year plan for Madden... makes no difference if the plan is excellent but poorly executed like the past 3 years. If they get rid of the smoke and mirrors, remove the gimmicks and simply stick to the football first mentality I think everyone would be pleased including myself.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »