Home

Madden NFL 12 Picture, What Can You See? (Taken From Camera)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Picture, What Can You See? (Taken From Camera) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 12 Picture, What Can You See? (Taken From Camera)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
If I remember correctly from the 2k demo, you start the free throw animation by pulling the right stick back, and you have to push it forward at the right time during the animation to get a perfect release.

Madden could do a similar thing for kicking, where you start the kicking animation when you pull back on the right stick and have to push foward at the exact moment the kicker hits the ball to get a perfect kick. Too soon or too late will affect the kick. And better kickers/lower difficult levels allow larger room for error.

Simple, yet intuitive way of using analog sticks for kicking.
Yeah that's exactly how APF did it. I think it was a pretty good way to replicate it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #58
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
If I remember correctly from the 2k demo, you start the free throw animation by pulling the right stick back, and you have to push it forward at the right time during the animation to get a perfect release.

Madden could do a similar thing for kicking, where you start the kicking animation when you pull back on the right stick and have to push foward at the exact moment the kicker hits the ball to get a perfect kick. Too soon or too late will affect the kick. And better kickers/lower difficult levels allow larger room for error.

Simple, yet intuitive way of using analog sticks for kicking.
That sounds like APF's kicking system, which was waaaaaay more trouble than it was worth imo.

Meter based systems are a better option for Madden because they are both familiar to longtime fans of the series while at the same time being easier for non-hardcore gamers to get the hang of.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That sound like APF's kicking system, which was waaaaaay more trouble than it was worth, imo.

Meter based systems are a better option for Madden because they are both familiar to longtime fans of the series while at the same time being easier for non-hardcore gamers to get the hang of.
I could never get their kicking down right. I always just used Coach mode during kicking because I could never figure it out correctly
Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #60
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Hiatus
No matter how awkward their bodies looked in that trailer, you felt the atmosphere by the look of the game. It looked amazing. In many instances we've gone beyond that trailer in terms of body portions and movement etc, but in just pure eye candy and atmopshere, that trailer is still miles above how Madden to this day looks now.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #61
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah that's exactly how APF did it. I think it was a pretty good way to replicate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That sounds like APF's kicking system, which was waaaaaay more trouble than it was worth imo.
Yeah, Madden has to find a happy medium. It was nice to miss kicks in APF, but it was too difficult to make them. Rewarding no doubt, but too hard. My opinion for what it's worth...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #62
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Progressive Lighting (I'm hoping).
I sure hope so... I've been waiting since '07 for this to be back in the game.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #63
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

I will wait until the game comes outs. Maybe just a bunch fluff like that cheerleader pick on the other thread. I hope it is better than last years Madde.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
No matter how awkward their bodies looked in that trailer, you felt the atmosphere by the look of the game. It looked amazing. In many instances we've gone beyond that trailer in terms of body portions and movement etc, but in just pure eye candy and atmopshere, that trailer is still miles above how Madden to this day looks now.
I fully agree!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »