Home

NCAA Football 12 First Look (ESPN The Gamer)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 First Look (ESPN The Gamer) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
NCAA Football 12 First Look (ESPN The Gamer)

ESPN The Gamer's Jon Robinson gives us his first look at NCAA Football 12.

Quote:
"There's no more warping or sliding into position for the tackle," associate producer Ben Haumiller explained. "Now the tackle doesn't take place until the defender makes contact with the ball carrier, and this really brings momentum into play. This is a big change in the animation system and point of impact. So basically, the ball carrier and the defender would get close to each other, in last year's game, and the engine would warp them together into a tackle and the defender would actually slide into position because we only had eight spots where a wrap tackle could begin. But now, no matter where I hit you, that's where the wrap is going to begin. You don't see a guy slide over and make a tackle. Now he's trying to make the tackle at the spot where he first makes contact. This also comes into play with gang tackles. You'll see one player come in and stand the ball carrier up, then another player will come in and join on. And actually, because of the momentum and how that second defender is flying in, he might even knock that initial tackler off the pile and steal the tackle. Or you might see the first guy try to make a tackle, the second guy make a hit, then a third guy coming in with a shoulder trying to clean it up, but each of these hits will help change the course of the ball carrier."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Jon Robinson game preview

sweet mother of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Also look for new montages and highlight packages that showcase the theme of the game you're playing. "So if your dual-threat quarterback is having a big gamer or a freshman receiver is making a ton of catches or if the defense is getting a lot of sacks," explains Haumiller, "you'll see all of those highlights grouped together to go along with commentary to help give you the story of that game."
But that's not all as the design team also added hundreds of new player celebrations throughout the game to help freshen up everything from a sack to a bowl winning touchdown to even the coach getting lifted onto the shoulders of his players and carried off the field after an **** win. Coaches on the sidelines will also be shown throughout the game, reacting negatively after an interception or giving you some love after an electrifying run to the house. Bowl games even get special treatment with coaches shown giving your team a talk in the locker room.
This sounds absolutely incredible! This is the type of stuff I have been asking for for years, and they FINALLY are putting it in. I am going to pre-order this game within the next few weeks, and then all offline dynasty fans be prepared for my VA Tech Dynasty thread to start back up with a new season!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Also look for new montages and highlight packages that showcase the theme of the game you're playing. "So if your dual-threat quarterback is having a big gamer or a freshman receiver is making a ton of catches or if the defense is getting a lot of sacks," explains Haumiller, "you'll see all of those highlights grouped together to go along with commentary to help give you the story of that game."
So I guess that means we have dynamic commentary now ?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
But that's not all as the design team also added hundreds of new player celebrations throughout the game to help freshen up everything from a sack to a bowl winning touchdown to even the coach getting lifted onto the shoulders of his players and carried off the field after an **** win. Coaches on the sidelines will also be shown throughout the game, reacting negatively after an interception or giving you some love after an electrifying run to the house. Bowl games even get special treatment with coaches shown giving your team a talk in the locker room.

I liked this part
Old 04-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Wow. Even if the gameplay had stayed the same (which I'm glad it hasn't), I might have bought this for presentation reasons alone. Unbelievable.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

This game just keeps sounding better and better every time i hear something about it
Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #7

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't really remember seeing cut scenes showing the coaches from previous years. Makes me wonder if that holds a purpose for later on. I would love for a coaching carousel.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Holy presentation Batman!! The news just keeps getting better (in all areas).

I am amazed already and we are a couple of months away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »