Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - More Gameplay Enhancements

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - More Gameplay Enhancements within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Slightly different video, shows off gang tackling more

I wonder if this means weight actually matters now. Can i recruit big guys to get extra push on the lines or risk going small and fast and getting pushed around.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #18
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I like this vid more...really shows off the momentum and impact...
Old 04-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #19
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

That double hit on that michigan player at the 23 second mark was NICE.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Still saw the bowling pic effect at 22 second mark.

I've slowed that down several times, and my guess it could be a opponent blocking #20. #20 comes out of nowhere from the left part of the screen. I thought I saw a part of the opponents jersey on that part of the screen.

I could be wrong, though.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 2

It certainly seems like EA has worked hard to address the most common game complaints. These early videos certainly look impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #22
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've slowed that down several times, and my guess it could be a opponent blocking #20. #20 comes out of nowhere from the left part of the screen. I thought I saw a part of the opponents jersey on that part of the screen.

Yeah it does look like he was blocked from behind and just stumbled into the play. That is how his body movement looked to me anyway.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4
For some reason in all of these videos the field just looks too small.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #24
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Yea i mean its a mirror effect. Im not putting the game down.
Just something I noticed. And for the guy above. No, if a receiver beats a zone defender, there little chance that that defender can straddle, take two steps and swat that ball down man. come on
While I agree these play is not perfect, I like the way the outcome was achieved. Ea football has been notorious these past 6 years with having some sim football outcomes but through totally unrealistic steps. In that zone play, the defender is looking in the back field at the QB while still moving his feet to get up the field. When the ball is thrown, he breaks on it and bats it down. I would have like to seen what would have happened if the QB had lobbed the ball deep and if the defender could have caught up. There is still to much unknown about the play like the WR route, the defense called and the WR/DB ratings, to really do a deep analysis, IMO. However, I am glad the DB didn't just run with the WR and bat the ball down without looking, in this video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I think Mr Magic is right on this one because the same thing happens to another #20 at the 30 sec mark, in the first game play video. The good thing is, both seem to have happened on the same tackle animation where the ball carrier's momentum and the engaged defender are lunging the ball carrier forward when #20 gets "bowling pinned". Ideally, it could just be that the defender is trying to make some kind of weak tackle and getting knocked over by the ball carriers momentum. Then again, maybe that specific tackle animation does not allow extra defenders to engage, causing the "bowling pin" effect. If that's the case but it's isolated to this specific tackle animation which seems to be a sure tackle, this tackle system is still a huge upgrade from what we have had, IMO. My main issue with "bowling pin" tackles was not being able to "clean up" tackles and risking the ball carrier breaking free while other "would be" tacklers are sprawled out on the ground. Still plenty of time for tuning, maybe they get stuff like this ironed out by July, maybe not. At least they are letting it all hangout and not hiding game play, that's definitely a win for the consumer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »