Home

Madden NFL 12 Features Major Change in Defensive Secondary AI

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Features Major Change in Defensive Secondary AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2011, 03:46 AM   #17
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 12 Features Major Change in Defensive Secondary AI

If Madden 12 comes out as good as Ncaa 12 is shaping up this year I will actually pick up both games and finally put to rest Madden 08 on the PC. Ncaa 12 is looking good and after reading this Madden 12 seems to be following the same foot steps. Great job.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:13 AM   #18
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFFInformer
I am glad you guys enjoyed the read and Cam dose "GET IT". I was amazed how open he was about the game industry, the rumors, and Madden12 with me. Cam is one of us a fan. He wants the core of Madden NFL12 to be about how it plays. He is not interested in one time Gimmicks.

You guys on the fence. If your on the fence on Madden12 because the defense played like a fence in 11. I believe the upgrade to the AI will change the sudden DB frozen fence syndrome.
Sounds great. Great article by the way.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #19
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'll certainly be watching as I miss having a FB game in my library but it will be a rental or used (so I can return it) purchase unless an OS member I trust gets early and gives an unbiased impression of the game.
Wont get burned again.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Love it. A former college QB who get's it.

Plus, a resume of Fight Night and Fifa 10 to boot.
I am a little skeptic as well, but seeing FIFA the past few years has me somewhat optimistic. Cant wait until next week.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

All the same stuff was said about Ian when he got here... Talk is cheap ! I'll believe it when I see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 21

I was about to say the same thing. You could've replaced Ian's name in many places in the interview and it wouldn't have changed a thing ("Cam/Ian gets it" "Cam/Ian wants to make a sim game for football fans"). I can see the "suits won't let him do what he wants" excuse easily rearing it's head.

The one thing I thought was interesting is where he said he feels they "significantly moved the needle" when it comes to gameplay in this year's game. He should be held to it. Instead of everyone making excuses for the series as they have year after year after year. At this point there's just no excuse whatsoever for the game to lag behind older/less advantaged games. They're so old that at this point they can't even be used as a barometer as to where Madden needs to be. Until people come into these games w/expectations instead of having none so they can be "pleasantly surprised" by modest improvements, Madden/NCAA will lag behind the great sports games of this generation imo.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #23
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
Finally, somebody telling the brutal truth about Madden and having the GM of EA football acknowledge it and verbally commit to changing it. The first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem and it's very fitting this would happen for madden 12. I am feeling very optimistic about EA football "staying on the sim wagon" with a former QB, football enthusiast, that worked on FIFA and Fight Night, as their sponsor.
Agreed! One of the things I've always enjoyed about FIFA's lead producer, David Rutter, is that he's completely honest about his game. He went out a while ago and called the set pieces in FIFA 11 lame and last-gen. This is so refreshing as a gamer and makes you look forward to FIFA 12 even more. Sounds like Cam has brought this attitude with him to Tiburon. He makes me feel more confident about the future of the series.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
All the same stuff was said about Ian when he got here... Talk is cheap ! I'll believe it when I see it.
Your right TDKing's in the end the proof is in the pudding. I am not asking you to drink the kool-aid with this years Madden. But I am going to tell you Cam has ideas that speak to the core Madden fan. When Cam speaks about vision he is speaking about all of EA's football titles, present and future. That vision is not three years by the way he is thinking much further ahead than just three years. He detailed this vision in our interview and all that I am doing is painting a picture to you the reader of Cam and his ideas.

One more thing. If you're skeptic and want proof EA will begin to provide that proof starting April 28th at http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl some cool new features will be revealed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »