Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - All New Collision System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - All New Collision System within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Madden NFL 12 Blog - All New Collision System

Larry Richart, Designer and Central Gameplay Developer for Madden NFL 12, gives some insight into some major gameplay enhancements, namely a new collision system to help the defense take a stand.

Quote:
"One of the areas of the game that we felt needed some major improvements was tackling on defense. The amount of warping, sliding and suction that occurred during tackles was painful and frustrating to watch over the past few years. With that in mind, we created an all-new collision system in which tackles will only trigger once contact is actually made with the ball carrier, which of course is how tackles occur in real life. With suction, warping and sliding being removed from the game, you will no longer see ball carriers get sucked into tackles by engaged defensive lineman when trying to run through a hole."

Source- All New Collision System in Madden NFL 12
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Developers GAMEPLAY blog

I like all the different styles they're adding. Hopefully players created through drafts will use these styles too instead of them all coming in with the default styles.

― Plato
Old 04-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

good to see RB's getting some attention with various styles of running and carrying the ball
Old 04-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Cool, they added the Dan Connolly ball carry style

Old 04-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36

It's quite a bold statement to say they have removed suctioning, sliding and warping. Time will tell, but I'm glad they're so confident in their product this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - All New Collision System

Love that they've added Vick's running style. Gonna feel like it's actually the real MV7 this year.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - All New Collision System

Man, Madden 12 is starting to look like it might be a real home wrecker like back in the day.

"Hide your kids, hide your wife and hide your husbands too cuz [Madden 12] is [breaking up] everybody out here" Youtube Public Service Announcement from Antoine Dodson

"I do love you but my team needs me" may once again be heard in millions of homes after Aug 30 2011.

Can't wait.

Last edited by Thinking Out Loud; 04-28-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Time will tell, but I'm glad they're so confident in their product this year.
It sure will.

I'm still skeptical, but a new collision system (strikingly similar to FIFA's) might eliminate some of the issues previous Madden editions had. Interesting to see how the momentum-based collision system will handle punters and kickers in offensive line. Additionally, will there be any penalty for using small defensive linemen in a 3-4 system? Will weight/size finally matter for linemen, so you can't have a dominating 6'1" 280 lbs LT?

I guess the next important date for me is the day the demo is released, so I can try the improvements myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »