Home

Dynasty League Baseball Update

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Update within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Good question. There is a special "JAM" pitcher situation rating and primarily only ERA qualifiers or Save leaders are candidates to be awarded the JAM pitcher situation rating. For the ON and OFF ratings the qualifications are not as stringent, but for the reasons you mention we manually review the pitcher ratings to make sure the pitcher "earned" the rating.

Here's more on Pitcher Situation ratings and replication of ERA:

Only DYNASTY League Baseball has special situation pitcher ratings that modify play results for the three most important situations pitcher's face:

- Pitching out of a Jam (JAM rating) example: Pete Vuckovich 1982 Milwaukee

- Rarely walking the lead off man (OFF rating) example: Dennis Eckersley
1988 A's

- Rarely allowing home runs with runners on base (ON rating) example: Jim Palmer 1982
Orioles

Without these three special pitcher situation ratings (JAM, OFF and ON) you can't realistically replicate a pitchers ERA.

Last edited by MikeCieslinski; 04-28-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
Good question. There is a special "JAM" pitcher situation rating and primarily only ERA qualifiers or Save leaders are candidates to be awarded the JAM pitcher situation rating. For the ON and OFF ratings the qualifications are not as stringent, but for the reasons you mention we manually review the pitcher ratings to make sure the pitcher "earned" the rating.

Here's more on Pitcher Situation ratings and replication of ERA:

Only DYNASTY League Baseball has special situation pitcher ratings that modify play results for the three most important situations pitcher's face:

- Pitching out of a Jam (JAM rating) example: Pete Vuckovich 1982 Milwaukee

- Rarely walking the lead off man (OFF rating) example: Dennis Eckersley
1988 A's

- Rarely allowing home runs with runners on base (ON rating) example: Jim Palmer 1982
Orioles

Without these three special pitcher situation ratings (JAM, OFF and ON) you can't realistically replicate a pitchers ERA.
Mike,

I love the product that you guys have put out. But with family and work, it is hard to dedicate time to do tournaments and franchise leagues. Any thoughts on putting an option for users to be able to run a solitaire league with the product. I would definitely subscribe for the ability to do that.

I realize that you guys have a single player game for people to purchase, but I would prefer the subscription method and pay for the ability to play any season I want.

Again, congratulations on the product, it is really really fun, just not sure I can get enough value out of the gameplay for $15 a month.

Also for the single player game is there digital distribution or do you only do mail order. One last question does the single player game have card images and the die rolls just like the online version?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
Mike,

I love the product that you guys have put out. But with family and work, it is hard to dedicate time to do tournaments and franchise leagues. Any thoughts on putting an option for users to be able to run a solitaire league with the product. I would definitely subscribe for the ability to do that.

I realize that you guys have a single player game for people to purchase, but I would prefer the subscription method and pay for the ability to play any season I want.

Again, congratulations on the product, it is really really fun, just not sure I can get enough value out of the gameplay for $15 a month.

Also for the single player game is there digital distribution or do you only do mail order. One last question does the single player game have card images and the die rolls just like the online version?
Great to hear you love DYNASTY League Baseball! The Greatest Team bracket tournaments are short format in that they are single elimination and there is a regular daily schedule of tournaments you can join.

The Greatest Team 54 game league option plays either one two or three game series a week and has flexible reschedule options. If you have time to play solitaire "Series" you would also have time for the multi-player tournaments and leagues. The idea behind the Online version was to make it easy for busy people to play in leagues and tournaments and take the time consuming drudgery out of multi-player leagues by eliminating things like having to export and import files to a central commissioner.

Having said all that, the Online version does have a solitaire "Series" play format as well where you have access to the entire library of DYNASTY League Baseball seasons.

There also is a discounted $11 per month rate if you select six months.

Last edited by MikeCieslinski; 04-28-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
I will be honest. I am sad my trial is over, BUT, I'm going to try a month of this online stuff. OOTP is way too much GM stuff for me. I LOVE your game play, and having the stadiums already there, and not having any mods to add. I have actually already purchased another baseball sim game this year, but I'm STILL doing your game as well. Thanks for such a great game!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Great to hear Danny! See you in some of the Greatest Team multi-player bracket tournaments.

You are right about making things easy and not having to bother with installation, mods, imports and exports. Just log in and start playing!

We just added the 1974 season last week by the way and all seasons have actual vs. LH and vs. RH splits vs. ptichers and hitters which is critical in making a realistic baseball simulation.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
This game sounds pretty fun. I might have to give it a try.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
I have enjoyed playing in some of the greatest teams tournaments. The head to head games have, at times, been intense and a lot of fun (no connection problems whatsoever), but my main interest would have been in the draft leagues. I’ve been lobbying hard on other forums to get Mike and Jamie to consider computer manager/ netplay optional formats. It would be pretty tough to free up a couple of hours every week to play a series head to head with families and work commitments. I would love to take part in a 162 game draft league and it’s doable if a person can play exactly when they want.

Today, I’m up at 5 in the morning. Toast and coffee in the morning before heading off to work, enough time to play a few innings against my opposition’s computer manager. I can finish off the game when I get home after work before the kids get home. Up late on another occasion…1 AM, love to play a game and one that matters..…a league game, I can play the opposition’s computer manager. Next Thursday night, everyone else in the house is busy and that frees up some time, I’ll get a hold of the opposition’s manager and ask him if he would like to netplay a double header! Have leagues that are netplay optional…they will be far more popular than leagues that essentially force you to play your games head to head at set times.

Sometimes you want to zip through your games, sometimes you want to take your time and spend some time gazing over and dissecting your opposition’s cards, sometimes in the middle of a game I want to refer to my Baseball Prospectus to look at the scouting reports of a specific player….all of these instances lend themselves to the computer manager/ netplay optional format.

I really want to get involved in a 162 game draft league with Dynasty but without this kind of flexibility, I'll probably be sticking to a couple of stable OOTP leagues.

OOTP is a great game, too, but it's a completely different experience, one that I immensely enjoy but I am definitely more of a Stratomatic/ Replay/ Pursue the Pennant type of guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #16
Rookie

Current season continous draft leagues are coming later this Spring and will have an integrated live draft room.

For people who are unfamiliar with how leagues work you can go to the MLB.com news blog post here:

http://dynastyleaguebaseball.mlblogs...ues_debut.html

There are some changes in the works for how 162 game leagues will work. The blog post will be updated, but for now here is a look at your scheduling options:

"Control" would be assigned to one team or the other for each series. This is how control would work. For series you have control:

A) Up until the day of the series, you have 3 options:

1) Select an option that indicates you will play the game at a time of your choosing against the computer manager. This will let your opponent know they are not involved in a multi-player game.
2) Indicate you are going to play the game at the normal time and your opponent can show up for a multi-player game.
3) Attempt to reschedule the game with your opponent. Anytime up to the point that the opponent accepts, you can delete this request and choose option 1 (unless it is game day)

B) If you don't choose anything by game day, the 162 game league scheduling options will just operate like a 54 game league.

Last edited by MikeCieslinski; 04-30-2011 at 07:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »