Home

OS Greatest Baseball Team Ever Tournament -- SIGN UP now!!

This is a discussion on OS Greatest Baseball Team Ever Tournament -- SIGN UP now!! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #17
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: OS Greatest Baseball Team Ever Tournament -- SIGN UP now!!

Basically for an at bat, there are 3 dice rolled that comes up with a number from 000 to 999. The batter card has number 000 through 499 and the pitcher card has numbers 500 through 999. You then need to look at left righty matchups and the card has the result of the play on it.

there are die rolls for range, bizarre, umpire, deep drive plays that rolled. The game automatically consults the different charts for these types of situations and rolls the dice to determine the result.

That is the basics. Hope that helps. There are options in the game to see all of the game engine (the type of rolls that are made and so on).
Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
The Official Rulebook PDF is up at the home page in the right column and explains the dice system, player ratings and much more.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
By the way, the dice are just there IF you want to see the exact workings of the game engine. If you want to turn them off and just "play ball" you can do that too. Some people like to see every single thing that is happening with the dice rolls, while others just want to be surprised. You can control what you see/don't see in the Display Options. The pop up % graphs will give you feedback on how things like player defense is effecting things, and other special ratings (like clutch hitting or pitching out of jams) are referenced in the play-by-play when they factor in. So if you want you can play the game without seeing the dice rolls and still have a good sense of how your decisions are making a difference.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Thanks for the help JamieHall. After all these years I still just pick up a play games without reading the directions first lol.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15
I was one of the first to sign up, but didn't pay close attention to the time of the tournament. I suppose we have to be online during the games? If so, I'll have to drop out because I have to umpire a tournament next weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6
The tournament starts at Noon ET on Saturday May 14. If you need to "leave" the tournament click on the "details" button in the bracket and you'll see the "leave" button. This will open up a slot for another person.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #23
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
uuuugh looks like so much fun...dammit I wish i had the time
Old 05-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #24
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: OS Greatest Baseball Team Ever Tournament -- SIGN UP now!!

How is this game in comparison with OOTP?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »