Home

Madden NFL 12 Concussions Rare, No Defensive Suspensions, Not Based on Hit Stick

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Concussions Rare, No Defensive Suspensions, Not Based on Hit Stick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Madden NFL 12 Concussions Rare, No Defensive Suspensions, Not Based on Hit Stick

I really don't understand the NFL trying to control everything in Madden so tightly some times.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #18
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 12 Concussions Rare, No Defensive Suspensions, Not Based on Hit Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I really don't understand the NFL trying to control everything in Madden so tightly some times.
That's exclusive licenses for ya.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality
That's exclusive licenses for ya.
Fixed it for you.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4
I guarantee this was not an EA decision but a mandate from the NFL. With all the research coming back from these recently deceased players and with no guarantee that we will have a COB by the time the game is released there is no way the league is going to allow a game to be released where you can actively headhunt, even if there was a suspension that followed. They want the concussions in the game in a very limited way so that the player can not return and the league has another forum to demonstrate that they are actively dealing with concussions. I'd bet all the money in my pockets that there were several conversations between the lead designers and officials from the league office about how frequently concussions can occur, how violent the hits that cause the in-game concussions can look, that the users can not actively hit high, and that there can be no suspensions because that would indicate that a player maliciously hit another player. This might be EA's game but it's a simulation of the NFL's product, and you should have no doubt the the league has the final say in how these things go. Not EA Sports.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
I just hate when i go through multiple season and everyone on my team is healthy. I hope they fix it so there are more injures and my team is not injury free season after season.
I assume you play offline...so sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #22
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

If the NFL and Madden wanted to actually enforce in the people playing their game, the seriousness of concussions, they not only would have left them in, but made them a risk factor in using the hit stick.

See how much players go for helmet to helmet hits after they lose Ed Reed to suspension for over half their season.

How much would players go for a hit stick if the there was an actual risk system in place.

First attempted hit, gets a penalty, then an ejection. Then the 'player' gets fined and some of his skills diminish because of 'the player' not wanting to get fined again, or worrying about it too much. Say awareness drops, tackling, hit power. So James Harrison, even before suspension, is nerfed into an average linebacker because the human player won't stop going for the big hit. Then suspension.

And don't give me the excuse that human players will just use average defensive players to deliver the big hit and not care, because the average 'players' won't have the skills to deliver that big blow.

That would be a well thought out system that would satisfy, not only the players by adding realism to the game, but the NFL by forcing the negative side of concussions onto all the future (and current) generations of football players that will undoubtedly continue to play Madden or whatever video game football there is.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #23
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
That 200 number has to be wrong.

25,000 plays 22 players per play = 550,000 possibles

I just don't buy that at all.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #24
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
That 200 number has to be wrong.

25,000 plays 22 players per play = 550,000 possibles

I just don't buy that at all.
HEY! .... wait...

That makes sense... lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »