Home

OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #17
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Jayson Young: Get rid of the potential rating!

Age, season stats and playing time should be the only factors in player progression. EA Tiburon's Donny "roster guru" Moore should not be the one who determines which players are going to be studs in Franchise mode and which players are never going to progress.

The CPU teams are completely ignorant of the potential rating, so it's easy to just stockpile "A" and "B" potential players and have a super team built by your second or third season. And in online franchises, everybody just snatches up all the "A" and "B" potential players in the first two rounds, while the dozens of draftees with "C" potential and below are basically worthless since they will never progress.
This.

To expand I would like to see the offensive knowledge added. Instead of going Head Coach with having to practice the play to learn it. Have playbook knowledge tied to the Awareness rating or make new rating for learning. Some players spend a few years in a system, before they hit the field (QB specifically) so they should progress a bit for learning a system while not always seeing the field. Look at Rex Grossman/Donovan McNabb situation this past season.

Coaches, schemes, time with a scheme should matter. That way even if you get fired or quit a job, you may grab a few backup players from your former team that know your scheme to help your transition. Rex Ryan/Jim Leonhard
Old 05-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iva-chargers-fan
I hope players that are rated in the 60-70 tating and they are WR and for some reason hes your #1 WR and he has a 1400 yard 13 TD season i hope they incrrase atlrast 20 rating points because one time i had a 74 rated WR and he had 1200 yards 9 TD in thr season and from a 74 he went to a 77 the next year when i think he would of gone to at leadt a 89!! Please fix player rating!!!
I don't claim to know this but player ratings are based on abilities more than stats. Which aspect of his rating should go up exactly? His speed, agility etc will stay the same. Awareness tends to be related to IQ which isn't going to change although most improve at least somewhat in this area. Maybe his catching? But if gets thrown 100 balls and catches 80 should that make his "catching ability" better? What about if he caught 19 out of 20...shouldn't that matter more. I don't think they could or should do this IMO.
I have a back right now leading the league in Rushing. His name is L. Leslie. He has 98 speed, and 91 trucking and he's 230 lbs or so. Well he's a beast and his ovr is only 72 because awareness and some other stuff are low....and you know what I see the difference. I have another rookie back at 80 who gets through the holes much better consistently. But Leslie's the kind of guy you just keep giving him the ball and he'll break one or two every game. I don't think he should suddenly jump up 10 points if he leads the league in rushing. Again what should go up? He already has high speed and trucking. Should his awareness go up? Again is he suddenly having a higher IQ!? He is what he is....a total beast who couldn't find the whole if he fell in it....but he's good enough to make his own hole or outrun people outside.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
  1. Open Head Coach '09
  2. Copy *.*
  3. Open Madden 12
  4. Paste *.*
I can't find too many reasons to not duplicate Head Coach '09's effort in introducing gamers to a more realistic and thorough approach to running an NFL franchise. Sure, it has its weaknesses, but was fun.

Less ambitiously, Franchise Mode should focus on, well, THE FRANCHISE, not just cheesing coverage exploits all game long. Money, ticket prices, free agency, player holdouts, draft day war room, stadium maintenance... Stuff like that.

Agreed....or if you want to aim lower.....I'd be thrilled just to have madden 07 old gen's franchise features. They have most of the stuff you talked about. They had an PA announcer for the draft including cheers and boos. I'd really like a good halftime, pre and postgame show as well as a weekly wrap up with highlights. of other games.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The biggest things it needs are depth and context. A bunch of people have hit upon the depth issue and potential additions to address that above.

On context, I'm talking about the way that games in franchise mode are presented. Having special on-field graphics, Super Bowl patches, and playoff game presentation wipes was a good start. Moving forward, the commentators should talk more in-depth about the goings-on in the league. Talk about how my division rivals are doing. If I'm in the wild-card hunt, talk about other potential wild-card teams and compare their roads to the playoffs. If my starting quarterback goes down in Week 5 for the rest of the season, talk about how this issue has affected my team in Week 12, particularly with regard to how the backup quarterback has performed.

Basically, take cues from the games that have led the pack in terms of sports video game commentary, and follow their lead.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #21
Banned

Cre8's Arena

• Total History of Players and Coaches... As mentioned above, this is a necessity if there is to be any longevity for the mode. We shouldn't have to resort to typing up 'Franchise Reports' in order to keep track of the history of our franchise. I want total archives for past draft picks, stats, contracts, morale, injuries. Everything. (This is why we have 250 GB HardDrives... no?)
  • College background (heisman trophies, all americans...etc)
Two quick ones I guess... I just wish they would due the NFL some justice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #22
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
EA needs to sit down and play NBA 2k11 & MLB The Show franchise modes to understand what a greatness is.

The ONLY reason Madden is so successful is b/c people love football in this country. FIFA, The Show and 2k11 are much better games.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dynamic Player Progression: It makes the game so much fun and worthwhile when you can develop players

Sim Stats: Please get it right no 2000 yd seasons for rb's because they get alot of carries, no 20 sack seasons annualy

Full coaching Staff: To make the game deeper and more methodical so you can work on the strengths of your team

In-Depth Coaching Schemes: Make it deeper, and give us the ability to tailor every aspect of how our team plays, Im sick of basic pass vs run schemes, make sub categories like outside run vs inside run, or deep ball vs short pass, instead of the aggresiveness meter replace it with Team styles of play: some examples would be; run n gun offense, Grind it out offense, Conservative offense,

Do the same thing with defense also
Old 05-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 31

If Madden's new feature for franchise mode is an owner mode i will be extremly disappointed. For 1 thing it isnt new. It would be new to next gen, but not new to veteran Madden players.

I think everyone has pretty much hit the nail on the head about what is needed. I thing i would like to see is not really tied to franchise mode, but i would like to see the game in general. How about a dynamic sideline. Real players with their real numbers on the sideline. When you run out of bounds i want to see players trying to grab you so you wont crash into the benches, run into the gatorade jug....etc. It was in NFL 2K5 by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »