Home

Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions

Sounds like there are a lot of great improvements. However, the videos we have so far still look like there is a lot of sliding and dots running into each other.

I am more optimistic than before, but my expectations still are not very high.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Personally, I find this review way too "hypey". There's way too many absolutes like "There's no suction in the run game!" and "There's no suction in the passing game!". Chase did an analysis of the demo, and while he noted that there was indeed a decreased level of suctioning, he made sure to honestly state that suctioning still existed on some level and there was room for improvement.

So yea, some people may dig this style of reporting, and more power to you, but I like my reviews a little more critical.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:35 AM   #11
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't like the sound of this one. I'm all about the pass rush.

Quote:
Pass rushing doesn't looked to have changed as far as new moves. You can still get pressure if you send more guys or overloads one side of the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 07:13 AM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Good write up on ShopMaster Blog. Will the suction be totally gone from the game? Well I can't say it will be at this point without seeing game footage or playing the game itself. But I'm hoping for the most part that it is gone. I'm happy that the QB auto Dropback is gone. I really hated it the past few years in Madden. But overall the blog was good and can't wait for the Franchise mode Blog today.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I don't like the sound of this one. I'm all about the pass rush.
Yea me to. If the Pass rush ain't changed much from the past few years. This might be the bad point of Madden 12 D this yea for the user. I really hope this is not the end result when the game comes out in August.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #14
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
Personally, I find this review way too "hypey". There's way too many absolutes like "There's no suction in the run game!" and "There's no suction in the passing game!". Chase did an analysis of the demo, and while he noted that there was indeed a decreased level of suctioning, he made sure to honestly state that suctioning still existed on some level and there was room for improvement.

So yea, some people may dig this style of reporting, and more power to you, but I like my reviews a little more critical.
With all due respect Nab, I don't get what you are talking about.

First off you call this review "hypey", like it is just filled with praise and the next poster after you points out Shopmaster saying the pass rush looks untouched.

Then, you claim Chase B has written honestly about suction blocking still existing and imply his review was more critical. However, when I went back and read Chase B.'s review and some Q/A he did, this is what I found.

From Chase B.'s article: "......In addition, the removal of suction blocking and suction play in general has been something EA has tried to eradicate for years. While its probably not going to ever vanish completely during this generation, the tweaks made to the physics engine do have some clear benefits, as well as a couple potential shortcomings...."

From Chase B's Q/A: OnlyLT-So are you saying that there IS still suction and warping in the game? Chase B-I never noticed it during tackle animations, but I would figure it's still in the game at points when it comes to general interactions while blocking players in the trenches. I also say that because I saw it in NCAA 12 at points still in these situations, and these teams are sharing assets on this front.

After reading that and going back to read Shopmaster's review again, the two reviews actually are very similar, IMO. Also, Chase B also admits, that he didn't get that much time with Madden 12 and based on the release date of the two previews and the fact Shopmaster is a Community Day guy, he probably is referring to a later build, as well as had way more time with Madden 12 than Chase B.

I am not calling you out personally but there seems to be quite a bit of cynical rhetoric going on around here, whenever some GOOD things are mentioned about Madden 12. I understand being weary of the hype but REASONABLE people should NOT make up stuff, even unintentionally and/or dismiss various info sources, to justify their concerns.

Madden 12 could possibly be the G.M.O.A.T. but then again ALL these features could be a complete bust. Either way, I don't see how even poorly implemented and broken features of this caliber could actually make Madden 12 worse than ANY previous next-gen Madden.

To all you cynics and haters out there, look on the bright side. Regardless of how it all turns out, this announced feature set can NOT possibly make next-gen Madden any worse.

Last edited by Thinking Out Loud; 05-16-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'm not sure if most of you guys know it or not - But ShopMaster is one of the few sources of Madden information I trust implicitly. We don't always agree on matters of strategy, but we share the same values in terms of honor and principle.

I'm glad to see all the changes that cater to the hardcore fan, instead of the infrequent and often inexperienced Madden buyer.

"NO SEXY FEATURES" is the best news to come out of Community Day in years. For years the guys have been trying to give newbies tools they either refuse to use, don't play long enough to use effectively, or rail against right out of the gate... Good to see DEV time used in a manner that caters to actual Madden players instead of would-be players.

It's gonna be a great year...

Later

I agree...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions(Hardcore fans MUST READ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I didn't see a lot of tipping of passes by linebackers but I didn't see a change to the the trajectory of the ball either.
Word is NCAA got some work on the trajectory. If true, I hope that Madden adds this before release.

Of all the great things said about M12, I'm a little queasy that penalties haven't been talked about. Pass interference is a game-changer in real life. If they would just add some animations to account for this...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »