Home

iOOTP 2011 Review (iPhone)

This is a discussion on iOOTP 2011 Review (iPhone) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
iOOTP 2011 Review (iPhone)

iOOTP
is a sick invention meant to destroy the productivity of any human being who somewhat enjoys the game of baseball from now into infinity.

At least, that's my conspiracy theory on why such a great gem of an app has found its way onto the scene. iOOTP 2011 is, up to this point, the most complete gem of a text-sim to hit the App Store to date.

The first and most natural comparison someone will make is how does iOOTP stack up to its desktop counterpart. The answer is not bad but also not close. As strange as it sounds, the very core essence of OOTP is intact here, but the things that make OOTP incredibly deep are missing. So while you get the basic OOTP experience, you also can't micromanage your club in the manner you might want to if you are a veteran of the OOTP franchise.

Even still, iOOTP is still a deep and engrossing experience with enough statistical depth to keep you busy for hours on end.

Read More - iOOTP 2011 Review (iPhone)
Platform: iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
OOTP Developments Developer

OVR: 2
Thanks for the nice review.

I took out Ticket Price just a few days before release, as the interface we used for it was not very user friendly. I will work out a better way to edit the ticket price and add it with a future update.

And just as information for people who have problems with corrupted databases: we submitted an update to Apple last Monday which adds a manual save function and a backup function for save games (eliminating corrupted databases). As soon as Apple approves the update, it will be available through iTunes.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13
This game is truly addicting, but I have had a major issue when simming long stretches of time with too many injuries to key players. However, this does not seem to be as much of a problem if you manage every game. I particularly appreciate the classic years and the ability to rewrite the wrongs of 2004 with the Yanks!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: iOOTP 2011 Review (iPhone)

Once the new update comes out, I can finally close the app without the fear of my database corrupting. I haven't exited out of the game on my iTouch since I started it 4 days ago.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
OOTP Developments Developer

OVR: 2
Just to let you know: the update is out and ready to use. Now you can save your game manually AND it will make a backup of the save just to make sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Game is truly amazing and has a lot of depth being an iOS game.,
Old 05-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13
This is the most addicting app I have ever had on my iPhone. I am loving this game (especially now that the update is here).
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have this for my iPad 2. This is perfect for me. As the original version for the PC is just too much for me on the GM side. I do wish their rosters were a little deeper. Would be nice if they had roster updates, but hey, it's a $4.99 app, I'm very happy with what they did with this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »