Home

Madden NFL 12 - Six Things You Need to Know About Franchise Mode (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 - Six Things You Need to Know About Franchise Mode (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
I think they could fix it so that you can play games as long as you have the required 53 players, regardless of what position they are. In the NFL coaches and teams are not required to carry say 3 DTs and 6 WRs or whatever the Madden requirements are. Its just something that bugged me because like I said if I don't need a FB on my roster I don't want to have to carry one if he's never going to play.
It's not REQUIRED but most teams do.

Changing that is really pointless, and would potentially do the game more harm than actually helping it.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #18
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 12 - Six Things You Need to Know About Franchise Mode (ESPN)

Quote:
I think they could fix it so that you can play games as long as you have the required 53 players, regardless of what position they are. In the NFL coaches and teams are not required to carry say 3 DTs and 6 WRs or whatever the Madden requirements are. Its just something that bugged me because like I said if I don't need a FB on my roster I don't want to have to carry one if he's never going to play.

I agree. As long as it doesnt interfere with the way the CPU handles their teams cauase something like that can cause issues i feel

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
does anyone know if any of these new features will apply to online franchise too?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

One of the things I'm loving right now is that you can trade future picks to move up in the draft like in real life. But one thing I'm not really crazy about is the new bidding system on FA players. That just doesn't happen in real life. Certain teams bring in certain top FA players in for a visit to the City and Staduim to get them interested. Teams don't all of a sudden start doing a bidding war on certain player and all this. There is a lot more to FA for teams then just trying to get players to sign a contract with them. Also teams only go after certain players for postions they need to fill and that will fit the team gameplan. Plain and simple. That's why I wish they would of left the FA contract signings the way it was and make some tweaks on it to make it better. I feel the old way was more real then it is now. But I guess it is a improvement for this year. But overall I'm happy with the major improvements with Madden12 Franchise mode this year.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #21
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
One of the things I'm loving right now is that you can trade future picks to move up in the draft like in real life. But one thing I'm not really crazy about is the new bidding system on FA players. That just doesn't happen in real life. Certain teams bring in certain top FA players in for a visit to the City and Staduim to get them interested. Teams don't all of a sudden start doing a bidding war on certain player and all this. There is a lot more to FA for teams then just trying to get players to sign a contract with them. Also teams only go after certain players for postions they need to fill and that will fit the team gameplan. Plain and simple. That's why I wish they would of left the FA contract signings the way it was and make some tweaks on it to make it better. I feel the old way was more real then it is now. But I guess it is a improvement for this year. But overall I'm happy with the major improvements with Madden12 Franchise mode this year.
Yeah I'm not really sold on the FA bidding thing yet either. I agree that the old way they had it was probably more realistic, the logic about how much money players wanted just needed to be tweaked. But I won't completely write off the bidding process until I use it, and like was explained, it seems to make it more fast paced and exciting which should be fun at least.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yeah I'm not really sold on the FA bidding thing yet either. I agree that the old way they had it was probably more realistic, the logic about how much money players wanted just needed to be tweaked. But I won't completely write off the bidding process until I use it, and like was explained, it seems to make it more fast paced and exciting which should be fun at least.
Yea it appears that this was the main purpose behind it. Personally, Im a fan of it. I hated having first dibs on every free agent I see. But, with the bidding wars, I'll have to already have an idea on what free agents I want before hand and attack as soon as free agency starts. That part, at least, is real.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #23
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

A lot of the times the most coveted FA's are signed right away ( Haynesworth, Kearse) so i could see maybe the higher rated guys having a shorter time or having there timer start before the lower rated players to have some distinction. I did read that would be the case.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
Yea it appears that this was the main purpose behind it. Personally, Im a fan of it. I hated having first dibs on every free agent I see. But, with the bidding wars, I'll have to already have an idea on what free agents I want before hand and attack as soon as free agency starts. That part, at least, is real.
I didn't think of that part so good point. The new system will be hopefully be challenging enough so that you can't just snatch up all the best free agents available at once. I never did that anyway, but at least hopefully it won't really be as easy to do anymore.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »