Home

It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie

This is a discussion on It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: It's Ratings Season: Patrick Peterson Top Rated Madden 12 Rookie

I always wonder how they're going to rate the guys with top-notch measurables who are drafted much later.

Like a Taiwan Jones. He deserves 97-99 speed, and comparable agility and acc ratings.

Are they going to gimp his speed so he's not such a good "Madden RB"? Or will they take care of that by keeping his Truck/Spin/Juke/Elusiveness ratings low, as he's a raw prospect (and low injury rating).

I hope so. Before he broke out and he was just a random fast Oakland 4th rounder, did Jacoby Ford have elite speed in '11? I guess that should answer my question.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:07 AM   #18
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Another example of over-inflation with the attributes. That JMP attribute seems way off to me.

In FBG, he is:
OVR: 80
STR: 66
AGI: 92
SPD: 94
ACC: 90
JMP: 82
While I clearly prefer these ratings over Donny's, I still think an overall of 80 is a bit high for a rookie who has never played a snap in the NFL.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #19
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
i always like seeing how they rate the RB's of the rookie class

they always seem to make mistakes on guys all the time , if Kendall Hunter has under 92 agility im gonna be pissed

and same for Jaquizz his Agility better be a 96 or 97

because of the new way the Speed, Accel, and Agility are all tied into your speed and stop and go speed , they never get the running style right for the newer RB's imo

AD , Lynch and McFadden were a few of the More recent that they did a Good job on but others like

like Reggie Bush he shouldnt break as many tackles as he does , he should keep his core of speed accel and agility being all 97's but his Elusiveness(ability to break free of a tackle) needs to be fixed to a 80 imo
But guess what the great thing about this year is that we can edit palyers even during franchise. Oh I can't wait!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #20
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

His ratings are higher than I'd like. The NFL isn't college, he shouldn't have that high of man coverage and press until he shows he can actually play at that level with NFL WR's.

They don't even have camp info leaking out to determine who is going to be starters or backups, or who it playing good or not.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #21
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
His ratings are higher than I'd like. The NFL isn't college, he shouldn't have that high of man coverage and press until he shows he can actually play at that level with NFL WR's.
One of the problems I have with Madden is Tiburon's inclination to please casual gamers and youngsters, who want to see their favorite players dominate. The players in the NFL are given way too high ratings in Madden, especially the elite and rookies, who are assumed to be elite. And usually they get great ratings across the board, so they will always be elite no matter how poor the user input.

I'd prefer if they rated players lower (no players above 90 OVR and very few 90+ individual ratings) and allowed gamers to worry more about using their player's strengths (and hide their weaknesses), so you could have a 72 OVR playing like he's much better than his overall and vice versa. However, you first need to make the ratings to work properly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

It's nice to see the highest rated rookie will be an 82.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #23
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't think Peterson should be the highest rated rookie. I don't know who should be, but I don't think it is Peterson. Head to Head, Julio Jones was better than Peterson. While Peterson didn't cover Jones on every single play, they were head to head the majority of the time. Jones definitely burned Peterson on more than one occasion.

2010: LSU 24, Alabama 21 fficeffice" />>>
Jones: 10 catches for 89 yards, 1 TD >>
Peterson: 6 tackles, 3 pass breakups>>
> >
2009: Alabama 24, LSU 15 >>
Jones: 4 catches for 102 yards, 1 TD >>
Peterson: 3 tackles, 3 pass breakups>>
> >
2008: Alabama 27, LSU 21 >>
Jones: 7 catches for 128 yards >>
Peterson: 4 tackles, 1 interception>>

I am not saying that Jones should be the top rated rookie. I am saying that Jones was as good if not better than Peterson head to head so Peterson should not be the top rated rookie.

This was just last November when Jones had 10 catches and a TD against Peterson. That doesn't sound like a shut down corner to me.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I think an 82 is a perfect rating for him. He's the top rated rookie that is expected to come in and make an impact right away. It's about projection and even as a rookie they are projecting him to make a bigger impact at the position than guys like Fabian Washington. I think that is right especially considering what an 82 overall means in Madden/NCAA. He could turn out to be a bust (very doubtful), but his measurables and athleticism alone forces them to project him to be better than a lot of guys already in the league. I just hope they regarded Jimmy Smith with at least a 77/78 overall with similar man/zone coverage/bump, 95 speed, 92 agility, 91 accel. Smith is another example. The Ravens best rated CB in 2011 was Foxworth who did not play because of an ACL injury. Out of the gate he was an 82. I think on the final roster he was a 82.

The Ravens drafted Smith and told him he would be covering the #1 for other teams out of the gate. Now don't you think, as far as Madden goes, when the defensive coordinator in real life says Smith will be covering #1 not Foxworth, don't you think that you have to rate that rookie better than the best CB they have on the team the previous year? He may not have a higher overall, but he has to be better than Foxworth in several other areas, whether he has played an NFL down or not. OK his Awareness and Play Recognition may not be where Foxworth's is due to NFL Experience, which is only a 78 and 79 respectively, but his Man coverage, Zone Coverage, Press, Speed, Agility, Strength, Accel, Jump have to be better (these are based on projection and measureables, not experience). That's what the coordinator is indicating when he says, you will be covering the #1 WR for other teams day 1.

With that said, I don't have a problem with PP7's rating at all looking at the CB's on the final roster for the Cards from last season. DRC ended with an 87 Ovr and their #2 CB Toler was a 74 overall. What is an 82 overall saying for this team? It's saying that PP7 is not where DRC is, but he's expected to be the #2 CB out of the gate, so he has to be rated higher than Toler. He does not have DRC's NFL Experience, but he does have his measureables and is more physically gifted. What does an 82 overall mean in Madden as a whole? Probably not much.

So what do you do? I just think an entire body of sources should come together to rate players. You have their physical gifts; you have their projected impact on the league as a whole, but then you have their projected impact on a team, what the players on the team at that position were rated previously?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »