Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Not sure what the point of this post is. Maybe Roadman, jeremy, and Armor can enlighten me?
All he is saying is we all not all the same in what we want out of a video game to represent the NFL.

Heck, I've been waiting for all this franchise news for the past 6 years, but you could be waiting for better announcing for the past 6 years.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #58
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
All he is saying is we all not all the same in what we want out of a video game to represent the NFL.

Heck, I've been waiting for all this franchise news for the past 6 years, but you could be waiting for better announcing for the past 6 years.

If that's all he is saying, and that's a big if, then the post was pretty pointless.

All I said was I would not need 30hrs to find an issue with the game, if one existed. If I find an issue with the game, then it is obviously MY issue. Who else's issue could it possibly be? Who else's issue should I be looking for???

The preview pointed out zero issues with the game. Either the previewer had none, or he didn't report them. Either way, I was responding to someone who said that the previewer did not have enough time to find ANY issues. I was only responding that if there were issues, 30hrs is more than enough time, for me at least, to find them.

Not sure how his "fixed" invalidates any of that. But you thanked him for his post, so I thought you knew.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #59
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Some people only play games to find their flaws. No matter how much effort has been put into a game. By the way, it's ALWAYS the same people!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #60
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Decent read, though it's nothing more then a rewording of other previews and information. Like others have said, the lack of any reference to any problems is kind of odd. I'm really surprised at the praise that zone coverage got, it's not often EA fixes something completely and perfectly in one attempt. Look at the wildcat, EA's only attempt to change it's effectiveness was the make the formation broken, maybe whoever fixed the zone coverage can fix wildcat so it's not a waste of playbook space.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #61
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I was only responding that if there were issues, 30hrs is more than enough time, for me at least, to find them.

Not sure how his "fixed" invalidates any of that. But you thanked him for his post, so I thought you knew.

I don't think what I said was a hard-to-understand concept, nor do I think it was pointless .

Quote:
I've been playing Madden since 92. I'm sure the author has been playing for a long time as well. They had 30hrs with the game. If there are any issues with a Madden game, I can assure you that I could find them in much, much less time than that. I might only need 30mins.
^^You didn't mention this was in reference to your own issues with Madden, nor did you imply that's what you were referring to. In fact, reading between the lines, you mentioned the amount of time you've been playing Madden to more or less suggest that it's had the same issues since then and you could find them all in a very short period of time.

My rebuttal to that is that you could find your own personal Madden issues within 30 mins (maybe). But again, you can't cover all of the bases in a hour, day, week, month or whatever. Once millions of gamers get their hands on it, it won't be long before a thread crops up saying, "The DTs are getting no sacks in past year 12 of franchise mode." That's what I meant by saying you can't find all of the issues within 30 mins. Individual players are so detailed in their desires that it's impossible for a community member to identify any or all issues with a capped amount of time with the game.

Perhaps some more context would've helped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #62
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't think what I said was a hard-to-understand concept, nor do I think it was pointless .

^^You didn't mention this was in reference to your own issues with Madden, nor did you imply that's what you were referring to. In fact, reading between the lines, you mentioned the amount of time you've been playing Madden to more or less suggest that it's had the same issues since then and you could find them all in a very short period of time.

My rebuttal to that is that you could find your own personal Madden issues within 30 mins (maybe). But again, you can't cover all of the bases in a hour, day, week, month or whatever. Once millions of gamers get their hands on it, it won't be long before a thread crops up saying, "The DTs are getting no sacks in past year 12 of franchise mode." That's what I meant by saying you can't find all of the issues within 30 mins. Individual players are so detailed in their desires that it's impossible for a community member to identify any or all issues with a capped amount of time with the game.

Perhaps some more context would've helped.

It might help if you didn't add your own quotes and attribute them to me.

I never once said "all" issues. That's one.

Two, if you have an issue with the game, then it is your issue. If I have an issue with the game and you don't, then it obviously isn't an issue for you. Any issue that you find with the game is YOUR issue with the game. If others find it issues for them as well, that is a separate point. So to "fix" my post and say that they are my issues with the game is pretty pointless and redundant. That's like saying the blue sky is blue. I don't think that is a hard concept to understand either.

Finally, and again I should say, I was replying to someone who said that it is not possible to find issues with a game in 30hrs. My point is that 30hrs is enough to find at least one issue, if there are any.

So, sorry, but I still don't understand the point of the post, unless it was to either point out the obvious, or to take me to task because you think I was being negative towards the game.

Last edited by Only1LT; 05-20-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #63
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Some people only play games to find their flaws. No matter how much effort has been put into a game. By the way, it's ALWAYS the same people!!!
Since we are keeping score, many times it's the same issues too. I'll fore go the extra exclamations, as I'm not as angry as you seem to be.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
If that's all he is saying, and that's a big if, then the post was pretty pointless.

All I said was I would not need 30hrs to find an issue with the game, if one existed. If I find an issue with the game, then it is obviously MY issue. Who else's issue could it possibly be? Who else's issue should I be looking for???

The preview pointed out zero issues with the game. Either the previewer had none, or he didn't report them. Either way, I was responding to someone who said that the previewer did not have enough time to find ANY issues. I was only responding that if there were issues, 30hrs is more than enough time, for me at least, to find them.

I understand you have your own agenda here, and I also understand that other things in the game be more important in your eyes... But you didn't write the article nor did I realize that I needed to consult with you on what you felt was important while writing this article. Please don't troll or criticize what others may feel is important to the game. You didn't like the article? You are able to break a game better than the peopke that were down there? That's fine and its your opinion but this thread isnt about your opinion. So please pose questions that are legitimate or provide some constructive material or troll elsewhere please.

Everyone else, I haven't forgotten about you... I'm handling some family time then I will be on to answer questions around 10pm eastern time. Sorry about the delay folks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »