Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
Rookie

ajns's Arena

OVR: 1
Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

Brizzo has checked in with an update on the upcoming Fight Night Champion Title Update #2.

Quote:
"We are wrapping things up with Title Update #2. When we have a specific release date, you will obviously be the first to know. Couple things I can tell you...
  • One Punch KOs are working again.
  • OWC has been balanced so that new CABs aren't at such a disadvantage when they start out.
  • OWC has new match-up logic to favor match-ups between boxers with similar OVR ratings.
  • Numerous factors have been tweaked to reduce the effectiveness of jab-spamming, especially to the body.
  • Stamina loss is greater when moving backwards (most noticable over multiple rounds).
  • Having your back to the ropes/in the corner has a bigger impact on movement speed.
  • Max Stamina Loss/Recovery overall has been adjusted.
  • Some previous patch/tuner-set changes have been rolled back for Offline gameplay.
  • Weave sensitivity has been much improved.
  • A variety of other bugs have been fixed.
We've been playing it as much as we can, trying to fight like different types of a-holes/jerks to grief each other with very little success. We look forward to getting it in your hands as soon as we can and hopefully you can all have fun beating some cheesy spammers down too."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Latest from EA (Brizzo)

Good look Brah, everything sounds good. Especially the loss of stamina when moving backward, and the less movement when up against the ropes. I also like how the dev's actually played as "cheesers", so they can see the exploits of the game. I can't wait for an actual date for this tuner to come out. Another thing is we have to give these dev's props because they are really trying hard to please everyone.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernut
Good look Brah, everything sounds good. Especially the loss of stamina when moving backward, and the less movement when up against the ropes. I also like how the dev's actually played as "cheesers", so they can see the exploits of the game. I can't wait for an actual date for this tuner to come out. Another thing is we have to give these dev's props because they are really trying hard to please everyone.
The problem is they are trying to please everybody with a sim/arcade hybrid setting. They need to go the 2K route and have modes or settings fans can chose.

This game is dead in the water because it's not what they claimed it would be. It's not a sim as they claim.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

^ I thought you were a 'GameChanger'?

Can't lie, I've stopped playing this game after the last patch. I'll see what it looks like after this latest patch.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
^ I thought you were a 'GameChanger'?

Can't lie, I've stopped playing this game after the last patch. I'll see what it looks like after this latest patch.
No, I didn't want the position because you have to accept the way the game was made. I was a Fight Night Senior Moderator and Community Leader.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #6
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Just ssing this out there, but I haven't seen anything about damage being back. And I hope the 1pKOs aren't as frequent as they were when the game first came out.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
The problem is they are trying to please everybody with a sim/arcade hybrid setting. They need to go the 2K route and have modes or settings fans can chose.

This game is dead in the water because it's not what they claimed it would be. It's not a sim as they claim.
I've been saying that for a while. Having a sim and arcade setting would take care of both sides of the equation. Instead of trying to please everybody with one mode, just have two modes with different settings. But then again is the fan base big enough to warrant that.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Never been an EA advocate but this team is trying. I'll give them that. Plus, as I've said before I'm liking online right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »