Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
1. I really can't give you a fair answer as commentary wasn't in yet, and a lot of the audio elements weren't dialed in yet.

2. Yes I did see stat overlays on a consistent basis, not just the QB either. I basically saw an equal amount on bother sides of the ball.
Thanks for the reply!

Honestly, I didnt think the commentary was good last year but more important to me is the gameday atmosphere. I want the crowd to sound like a real NFL crowd. It should "eb and flow" on a consistant basis and should react to every situation on the field appropriately. Could you imagine watching an NFL game on TV and having the crowd sound like it does in Madden currently? Haha

One more question about the crowds. Did the new 3D crowds have any effect on the look of the game? Did they stand out to you not just on cut scenes but also just seeing them in real-time when you score a touchdown and stuff?

Thanks for answering our questions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
So... long snappers ARE in the game (or at least their name is in) but they are NOT listed as long snappers. Poor guys. They've been ignored by EA for years and when they finally get in the game, they are not even playing as long snappers.
Not exactly, Pontbriand was rated high as a long snapped (89 maybe), not sure how he got the rating as ibdidnt look at his actual attributes.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #83
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
1. I really can't give you a fair answer as commentary wasn't in yet, and a lot of the audio elements weren't dialed in yet.

2. Yes I did see stat overlays on a consistent basis, not just the QB either. I basically saw an equal amount on bother sides of the ball.
good to hear
Old 05-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
That would work for me, but it sounded like you got to pick 15 and that's it. Done. Forget scouting anyone else during the season.
The 4 week max scouting from Madden 11 MAY be in there but I'm not sure, I checked each of the 1st 3 weeks and you couldn't adjust who you were scouting after the 1st 3 weeks and I didn't notice any new information on the people I choose after week 1. So therefore I am assuming its one batch of scouting for the season.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Thanks for the post, though I got little out of the write up.

Considering he said that they spent 30hrs with the game, I expected a more in depth Gameplay preview.
Sorry, the blog was to highlight additions that are important to me, for more indepth preview... see one of EA Tiburons blog's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
A little over the top, don't you think?
In all seriousness, NO! Lol have you seen some of threads on this site? To each their own I guess but good lord!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #87
Banned

Folks, pardon the spelling errors on a lot of these reply as I am typing on my cell. Some of the questions you have posed need a much deeper response and I will answer them after noon eastern from my laptop.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #88
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
The 4 week max scouting from Madden 11 MAY be in there but I'm not sure, I checked each of the 1st 3 weeks and you couldn't adjust who you were scouting after the 1st 3 weeks and I didn't notice any new information on the people I choose after week 1. So therefore I am assuming its one batch of scouting for the season.
Thanks for the reply.

Just so you know, someone should say it: I appreciate what you wrote, that you wrote honestly, and am glad you liked what you got to see.

I feel secure enough that I can take in everyone else's perspective, and not feel any frustration if it's not exactly what I imagine I would think, feel, or write. Not everyone has to be me! That's my job, that you very much.

Of course I can only go by what the community guys are saying, and understanding that the EA guys have marketing to do, factor in what they are saying while tempering it with my own wait and see approach. I've been a Madden guy for while and I have some frustrations but I'm veyr hopeful this year. Wait and see, yes, but with some anticipation.

And while a lot of people are getting excited, I'm glad for them. A lot of longtime wish list things have been targeted for improvement, and I don't need to piss on anyone's anticipation. If they're all disappointed later, ok, so be it. It's not my job to protect them from future disappointment by finding possible problems now. Time will tell.

Hell, I got an EA birthday promotion email in late April with 20% off purchases and pre-bought M12 and ME3. So I mde the decision to buy at a discount before the new franchise news dump. Glad I did.

Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »