Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #113
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
I do apologize, it wasn't my intention not to answer, I think the spam posters got too much of my attention.
I'm not sure if I can answer part of that so I will shoot out an email to my contact and find out for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Ut oh......
I am a self proclaimed "bootleg" detective TDKing and I think you are misunderstanding what Script is stating. Player Traits/Tendencies will not be officially announced until E3, individual player coverage is probably part of that, too.

I was just referring more to the pre-snap control that was available in last-gen Madden, that they already confirmed was in but I am sure Script has to be careful not to inadvertently release info,early.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I am repeating a question I asked earlier that you might have missed. Did you get chance to use the DB shading and individual press/off coverage controls?
Yessir db shading to the wr inside and outside shoulder is back in the game, I however did not use it (probably should have). As for press coverage I did use it often and everything seemed to work fine, but use it sparingly vs high release and strength receivers.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #115
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I am a self proclaimed "bootleg" detective TDKing and I think you are misunderstanding what Script is stating. Player Traits/Tendencies will not be officially announced until E3, individual player coverage is probably part of that, too.

I was just referring more to the pre-snap control that was available in last-gen Madden, that they already confirmed was in but I am sure Script has to be careful not to inadvertently release info,early.

Yessir cuz or else my balls will be in a sling lok
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #116
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Yessir cuz or else my balls will be in a sling lok
LOL.

Did you get a chance to use franchise practice mode and if so, do formation subs made in practice, carry over to weekly games? Can Gameplans be used in franchise practice mode?

The reason I ask, because if both of these answers is yes, that means we can use practice mode to make pre-game formation subs and create 1st/2nd/3rd string mass substitutions.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #117
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

The only way to gauge the pros/cons of the game-play is when the demo drops on XBL/PSN. Naturally, before a game is about to release it's about hype, promotion, advertising. When a game actually releases, then you'll get game review sites giving a critique of the pros/cons of the game. Until then, all we can do is read updates from those who get hands-on impressions or are insiders, and asking questions related to the info they're providing.

It's not a war, EA (or any studio) vs the consumer base. If a product isn't up to the standards of what the consumers want, game sales will drop, and future consumer faith will drop. It's in the best interests of the studio to not take the consumer for granted, work hard for their dollar, even if they have an exclusive license.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #118
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
What was the OLine play like? Did they run past defenders or let pass rushers run a round them or cross their face?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #119
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans80AJ1
Let's be honest... you think that ALLLL this stuff they implemented this year is going to work flawlessly? No way. Something is going to be JACKED. Bet my penis on it.
Let's wait and see. There will be needs for fixes, sure. But bashing the guy who wrote this up for how he wrote it is off topic and stupid. And if you're gonna make bets, at least bet something big.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #120
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
How was the pass rush? Are DEs getting up the field as quick as they should? Are pockets forming?

How are runs to the outside? I haven't seen the engaged player mobility I've been looking for that would help the defense flow towards outside runs while engaged. Do outside runs still end up one-on-ones with DBs too often? Do OLBs have to "win" the engagement before they can pursue?

Are the stunts fixed? Are the twist tighter with the 1st d-lineman attempting to engage 2 o-lineman and the 2nd d-lineman taking a tighter route to beat the adjustment? Or do the d-linemen still aimlessly cross, taking long paths to the QB?

Notice any change for deep passes? Do QBs attempt to arc the ball deep enough for WRs to run under?

How's the safety play? Are safeties turning and running with deep routes or are they always too deep, having to come up to defend deep passes?

Any evidence of contain logic by the defense? Are DEs & OLBs attempting to keep plays inside?

Did you notice any improvements to defensive alignment? In prior years, defenses often allow themselves to be outflanked by offensive formations, leaving the outside wide open.

Any special teams additions? New punt/kick returns? Real double teams on gunners?

Was there ANYTHING you didn't like? I'm also leary of reviews that seem to love everything.
1) The pass rush was good, you can definitely see the difference without suction. The real beast pass rushers stand out. And as far as how well they get upfield it depends on the player and the matchup they have with the OT.

2). Runs outside were fine. I liked the defensive reaction time to run plays, especially running a zone. I did not see a whole lot of 1 on 1 vs DB's and when I did it seemed that the outcome was based on the players ability and user stick skill on both sides of the ball.

3) Did not notice any issues with d lineman and stunting (im the browns so no one is getting through the C,LG,LT sid eof my line short of Derrick Thomas (RIP)

4) Deep passes depended on the guy throwing and how good his DBA was and also the DB/WR. Touch passing did work very well though.

5) As far as the safties, when running a Man over 2, they seemed to stay with the deepest man (as they are supposed to) in Zone they anticipated any receiver entering their zone well and played accordingly. I did notice some false steps but the dev team was working on it when we left.

6) The defensive line and linebackers will attempt to keep plays inside if that is what they are designed to do on that given play.

7 & 8) didnt really notice anything on the last 2 questions. The browns had the same returns as usual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »