Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
I love this game compared to last years and it depends on who I play which experience I get. With one friend who is Roy Jones it is total arcade on his part just swinging wildly. With another friend I get the 10-12 round full out battle of minds and becomes a full on sim experience. Glad online is getting attention as I had all but givin up, especially the OWC with my dude just getting killed because my skills were low and reach isn't maximum length
Old 05-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Fight Night Champion Title Update #2 Wrapping Up, Some Details Revealed

I wish the CPU vs Human matches were better and I wish that you could form a league or a tourney with CPU opponents, including CABS and real boxers.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8
day late dollar short...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Yeah before I get interested, the damage and blood need to be back in. There's nothing like working somebody's eye for 6 rounds just to see the damage look like the equivalent to as if he had red eyes from an allergic reaction to something. As brutal as it is, blood and cuts are a part of boxing. What good is it to have a damage meter if it really doesn't translate to the rest of the game visually?
Old 05-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
The problem is they are trying to please everybody with a sim/arcade hybrid setting. They need to go the 2K route and have modes or settings fans can chose.

This game is dead in the water because it's not what they claimed it would be. It's not a sim as they claim.
I have to disagree a little. Reason being that I've actually have had more sim fights this last tuner set. This new patch there about to put in is more catered to "sim" like adjustments rather then arcade. The only arcade move that I see is the one punch K.O. . I'm a bit worried about the one punch K.O., because I can see allot of players with no skill relying solely on that "homerun swing", as long as the one punch "K.O." is moderated, and not like how it was when the game first game came out then it should be okay. It was ridiculous when it was in the game. One punch K.O. 's rarely happen in real boxing, but so many players want it back, because it gives them a chance to win.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
I love this game compared to last years and it depends on who I play which experience I get. With one friend who is Roy Jones it is total arcade on his part just swinging wildly. With another friend I get the 10-12 round full out battle of minds and becomes a full on sim experience. Glad online is getting attention as I had all but givin up, especially the OWC with my dude just getting killed because my skills were low and reach isn't maximum length
I have the same outlook that you have mayne. It depends on who you're playing the type of experience that you'll get. Game is as sim as you want it to be actually.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I have the same outlook that you have mayne. It depends on who you're playing the type of experience that you'll get. Game is as sim as you want it to be actually.

Couldn't agree more! It's the players who want to resort to spamming and becoming chessers that ruin the game. But they don't know no better lol "ignorance is bliss", and if they do then shame on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernut
I have to disagree a little. Reason being that I've actually have had more sim fights this last tuner set. This new patch there about to put in is more catered to "sim" like adjustments rather then arcade. The only arcade move that I see is the one punch K.O. . I'm a bit worried about the one punch K.O., because I can see allot of players with no skill relying solely on that "homerun swing", as long as the one punch "K.O." is moderated, and not like how it was when the game first game came out then it should be okay. It was ridiculous when it was in the game. One punch K.O. 's rarely happen in real boxing, but so many players want it back, because it gives them a chance to win.
1 Punch Ko rarely happens in real boxing is because of defense. The game isn't sim and I can point out a few.

-Every boxer doesn't own 1 punch power or KO power.

-"Arm Fatigue" isn't realistic. Your accuracy goes down and some power in real life. Some boxers power is always there.

-Footwork and movement isn't useful and doesn't vary.

-The Penalty vs. Reward isn't there. Different factors should come into play like a boxer's strengths vs. his weaknesses.

I have more but these are what stick out and keep this game from being a sim/realistic experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »