Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Angry Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

The Gaming Tailgate has posted a bunch of specific and in-depth details about Dynasty mode that might not find their way into standard previews and press releases. These details come via a community-based Q&A session, and as with most Q&As about very specific details, there is more negatives than positives to be found here.

One negative thing coming from the Q&A is the confirmation about the lack of individual coaching ratings, which means the Coaching Carousel loses a bit of luster. If you put the pieces of the puzzle together, you sort of already knew this was coming based on some of the details that had previously been released about Dynasty mode, but it's still a little disappointing to hear. However, coach prestige will impact results during simulations, and it will still impact recruiting via the "pitches" previously in the game. These caveats should not be overlooked. Since coaches will now recruit for their playbook and style of play, if you take over a job and want to recruit for a new system, that will provide a whole new layer of challenge that was not there previously.

In addition, you can't hire your own coordinators once you're the head coach, and really, why would you if the coaches don't have ratings -- the only thing playing a part in the decision would be the playbook at that point, and you have control of that if you want. However, if you want an extra layer of challenge, you could build your team based off each coordinator's playbook, which could change your recruiting strategy at various points because the CPU Athletic Director could hire/fire coordinators.

On the positive side of things, it does seem it will be a slow burn to get from a "D" prestige to an "A" prestige level. You can also share coaches within the roster, so roster makers can now edit all the coaches in addition to all the players. Continuing with the customization positives, you can edit conferences throughout a dynasty, not just before the first year. Lastly, early signs point to simulated stats being more on point this year.

Head over to The Gaming Tailgate to get the rest of the details.

Source - Dynasty Info Q&A Thread (The Gaming Tailgate)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Do you still have to swap teams out so that a Teambuilder team can be in a dynasty?

Yes. You are still limited to 120 teams in your dynasty.
That one stings a little.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

I was wondering this too.

So all that changes is the playbook and that one area of recruiting: coaching prestige. I don't get it?

What does a school get when it hires a coach? A play book change?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Now will everyone finally rage like they did when I predicted this?
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
I was wondering this too.

So all that changes is the playbook and that one area of recruiting: coaching prestige. I don't get it?

What does a school get when it hires a coach? A play book change?
Thats it. If we can play as a school only and hire and fire coaches, then hiring a D- coach will not hurt you anymore than if you hired an A+ coach. Since most recruits don't care about coach prestige and it rarely pops up while recruiting, it doesn't really matter who your coach is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Now will everyone finally rage like they did when I predicted this?
I've been raging since we first saw the video and article from IGN and there was no mention of it. I guess we'll have to stick to following each other's legacies in 2k8 because this game is noy going to own my 360 like 2k8 does.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post60804

Coach ratings are not in, as the HC you don't control who your coordinators are, and from other previews schools factor in the playbook when hiring a coach.

So, it looks like the CC is a big waste this year to me. If the only thing we are going to see is the name of coaches changing and possibly playbooks, then that is pretty much pointless to have. Sure it might add some flavor to have Duke become a Pro Style team after 4 years, but that may not even happen. If schools factor in playbooks into hiring, then does that mean Missouri only hires coaches with 4-3 playbooks and a Shotgun based offense? If thats the case, then teams aren't even going to change styles.

I like the direction EA is headed with the franchise, but I would have preferred they not implement CC into this years game, but put it in next year with actual features that make it worth it. After playing Choops 2k8 so much(still do to this day), EA's carousel looks like a joke and probably isn't going to affect Dynasty Mode that much at all.
It's the first year that they are implementing this relax.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicejob3532
It's the first year that they are implementing this relax.
And it is also done 5% complete. What makes the coaching carousel so important is the affects of coaches on a team. Since they have no ratings, they don't affect the teams, so it is pretty much pointless. There is no risk in hiring a F Prestige Coach besides getting hurt on one little recruiting pitch.

― Plato
Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

I still think they could have done a better job, first year or not. I was really excited about CC until I sat back and thought about it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »