Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Thats it. If we can play as a school only and hire and fire coaches, then hiring a D- coach will not hurt you anymore than if you hired an A+ coach. Since most recruits don't care about coach prestige and it rarely pops up while recruiting, it doesn't really matter who your coach is.
Coach Prestige and Coordinator Prestige have an effect on simulations. While it won't have an effect on game play if you sim a game it will effect your teams preformance.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #10
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

I've been raging since we first saw the video and article from IGN and there was no mention of it. I guess we'll have to stick to following each other's legacies in 2k8 because this game is noy going to own my 360 like 2k8 does.
You were maybe one of two people who agreed with me that it would end up this way. Everyone else just flipped out and then celebrated when my prediction came true. I just don't understand how people aren't ticked about it being half-assed.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicejob3532
It's the first year that they are implementing this relax.
Agreed, I didn't even honestly expect a CC at all, and pretty much the only CC anyone expected was a half Assed one. I wouldn't call this CC half assed at all though, more like restricted, due to time. I've got faith that EA will further expand on the CC next year, and I normally have no faith in EA at all, but they've proved to me that they actually care.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
You were maybe one of two people who agreed with me that it would end up this way. Everyone else just flipped out and then celebrated when my prediction came true. I just don't understand how people aren't ticked about it being half-assed.
I know. When I wished for a coaching carousel I wanted ratings to be the big factor. I wouldn't care if playbooks never changed in year one, but I do care about ratings.

I think most people here just haven't played 2k8 so they really don't know how a carousel should be done and when done correctly how big a feature it is.

― Plato
Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe would could wait for the full blog before passing judgment where they clarify everything instead of the tidbits we got.
OKC Thunder
Old 05-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #14
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow... the whole CC stuff just lost 90% of its appeal for me...

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #15
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU124
I still think they could have done a better job, first year or not. I was really excited about CC until I sat back and thought about it
Agreed. And even the other additions haven't been done correctly. It's really disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I disagree...I think this is better than nothing. Also, in the link you posted it said the two ratings you can edit for coaches is prestige and job security. That will make a tremendous difference. In NCAA 11 guys like Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer and Mack brown would lose their jobs for no reason at all. Hopefully with job security this is eliminated. Also guys like Rich Rod last year would go 8-4 and not be fired b/c the game didn't know that Rich Rod in real life was already on the hot seat at a prestigous school, so he wouldn't be fired.

Also the guy said that prestige is kind of like an overall rating of a coach so it will make a difference if we are able to establish who the elite coaches are (Saban, Stoops, Miles, Brown, Tressel, etc.) and who are the guys who shouldn't be considered at top tier schools. Also, with the addition of alma mater I'm assuming that this will have weight in the way college hire the next coach which is realistic. In the videos everything is generic as far as coaches/coordinators go so once we put in the realistic coaches/coordinators we may see less randomness. Because in the videos I see there are ALOT of generic A+ coordinators which there really shouldn't be any at all. If prestige is a raw overall of a coach then no coordinator should be an A+. And once that is eliminated you'll probably see teams stick with their B+ coach who's having a down year rather than go with the C coordinator who's had a great year with a team. Just saying, you might want to see how it works out before we condemn it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »