Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Coach Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Coaching Carousel blog is posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777

I can't believe they are keeping the same recruiting game. It's unrealistic, there shouldn't be random subjects. If it's random it should either be because...

1) The recruit chose that subject (so he obviously has interest in that pitch)

2) The coach chooses it (which is the gamble to see if the recruit is interested in the pitch)

It makes no sense that there would be a random pitch chosen when both the pitch for the school is poor AND the recruit has no interest. Anyone else agree?
I actually like the random pitches(at least more than how it was in NCAA 10 and before). It prevents users from spamming only the "most" pitches for 2-3 hours like they used to. It may not be realistic, but in video game terms, a good thing.

I assume, it is also another way to separate the good teams from the bad teams. obviously the better teams will have better rounded pitches than the lower rated teams.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensa08
If the game play hasnt been fixed, it would make no sense being a defensive coordinator and watching the cpu choke on offense. The cpu in 11 mad a ton of bad decisions, especially when the game is close in the 4th quarter. I guess it could be nerve racking being either coordinator because the defense didn't play too good also. So hopefully the game play has been tweaked, changed or something so it would be worth being a oc or dc
Yep and that's why I will probably sim the offense. The sim offense seemed to play better than watching the CPU play as the offense.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm wondering if, in an offline dynasty, I can have more than one user controlled coach and also whether during the course of the dynasty I can make changes to who I control.

Basically what I'd like to be able to do, is take over the HC position at Michigan State but also create an OC or DC and have him work his way thru his career. I'd like to eventually be able to get an offer to be an OC or DC at Michigan State but I think I read somewhere that we can't have 2 user controlled coaches on the same team. So at that point I'd like to switch the HC to CPU controlled and play out the Coordinator spot hoping to get promoted to the HC position at some point.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I wonder how athletes are handled when you are a coordinator. Can you influence where they play or is that left to the head coach. Depth charts also.
CPU controlled depht charts may be trouble yes....
Old 05-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #13
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777

I can't believe they are keeping the same recruiting game. It's unrealistic, there shouldn't be random subjects. If it's random it should either be because...

1) The recruit chose that subject (so he obviously has interest in that pitch)

2) The coach chooses it (which is the gamble to see if the recruit is interested in the pitch)

It makes no sense that there would be a random pitch chosen when both the pitch for the school is poor AND the recruit has no interest. Anyone else agree?
Big time, the recruiting method is so stupid and unrealistic. Two things that I hope they fixed for recruiting this year are:
1.) Please let us reschedule visits. It's so stupid that you weren't allowed to in last year's game, recruits reschedule visits all the time.
2.) If we change a topic on the phone call, please do not go back to the topic we changed from for the remainder of that phone call. I've had calls we're I've changed from the same topic 3 times and still ended up having to use it somehow.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #14
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm definitely interested to see how this plays out, will be fun to be in the year 2025 and see who is good and who is coaching where, etc.

My concern is that a 6 star prestige school will always just have a staff of A+ head coach and coordinators and therefore will always recruit and progress better than everyone else.

My hope with coaching carousel is that there would be fluctuation with teams, they would have some down years and get back up. (See Texas last year)

As good as I think they are, Alabama isn't going to win 12 of the next 14 National Championships so hopefully the new system with reflect that
Old 05-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Are we always going to have the same coaches or will coaches retire and new ones be created?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #16
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Are we always going to have the same coaches or will coaches retire and new ones be created?
I read that coaches will retire and new ones will be created, which in and of itself is pretty cool

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »