Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Part one can be found here for those who missed it.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coaching Carousel Part 2

Interesting.........NC State Head Coach got fired for going 7-6. NC State expectations must have been hell of high. Wasn't expecting to see that happen, since technically it was still a winning season but yet you can still be fired.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

great video and I wasn't expecting to play out kinda live like it did. This is deftnetly gonna make me pay more attention to the others teams record to see how could get fired and stuff.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Pretty disappointed that they still didn't really say much about the affects of the coaches. Yes, EA, we know coaches affect progression. Tell us how much. If it is nothing major, which I am thinking, then coaches will hardly matter.

It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.

The only positive the CC brings to this years game looks to be schemes changing over time for teams. Other than that the dynasty doesn't look to be affected much by it. We have a foundation though, but I am expecting big big things next year.

― Plato
Old 05-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am not too up on college football to know the real names of coaches. Are the names in the game the ACTUAL names of the real coaches? Like the NC State guy that got poop canned, was that their actual coach? IF not that's pretty weak. Or, does anyone know if there will be a way to name them all correctly like we do with the players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They always use fake names in college sports video games. You can edit the names though, since head coaches are part of the roster file.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Pretty disappointed that they still didn't really say much about the affects of the coaches. Yes, EA, we know coaches affect progression. Tell us how much. If it is nothing major, which I am thinking, then coaches will hardly matter.

It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.

The only positive the CC brings to this years game looks to be schemes changing over time for teams. Other than that the dynasty doesn't look to be affected much by it. We have a foundation though, but I am expecting big big things next year.
Just trying to clarify. Are those rating we saw (A+, D+, etc.) was that their "Prestige" or was that their..skill I guess you could say? Because I thought a lot of people were mad that the coaches didn't have rating but it looked like they do from that video. Unless it was just a prestige rating.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Interesting.........NC State Head Coach got fired for going 7-6. NC State expectations must have been hell of high. Wasn't expecting to see that happen, since technically it was still a winning season but yet you can still be fired.
Could be any number of things.. Conference finish? Maybe all 6 of those losses were in conference... could be total wins over the term of the contract... or could be nothing... like Ralph Friedgen getting canned after being ACC coach of the year.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »