Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coaching Carousel Part 2

It is just a prestige rating.......that is the only rating the coaches will have.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They always use fake names in college sports video games. You can edit the names though, since head coaches are part of the roster file.

Awesome. Thanks. I figured with the coaches actually being paid for their duties they may be able to name them. But no biggie. I'll just wait and download. Reserved my copy today after I traded in Madden 11 on it.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
It is just a prestige rating.......that is the only rating the coaches will have.
Damn, you're on the ball today! And I see no problem with an A+ rated OC coming in and being an A+ rated OC if it's just his prestige rating. Now adays if somebody had that much hype (which basically what prestige is) it should translate. There is always a "hot new coordinator" that is highly touted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #12
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
Just trying to clarify. Are those rating we saw (A+, D+, etc.) was that their "Prestige" or was that their..skill I guess you could say? Because I thought a lot of people were mad that the coaches didn't have rating but it looked like they do from that video. Unless it was just a prestige rating.
I think people wanted more precise ratings; like how well a coach is on offense/defense, how well he coaches specific positions, how well he recruits, etc. What we got is an all encompassing prestige rating that determines everything.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #13

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Interesting.........NC State Head Coach got fired for going 7-6. NC State expectations must have been hell of high. Wasn't expecting to see that happen, since technically it was still a winning season but yet you can still be fired.
We'll we are a pretty crazy fanbase.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #14
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

If CC bothers you this much then you don't need to buy NCAA '12 and need to stop posting and reading all the info the second it comes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Pretty disappointed that they still didn't really say much about the affects of the coaches. Yes, EA, we know coaches affect progression. Tell us how much. If it is nothing major, which I am thinking, then coaches will hardly matter.

It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.

The only positive the CC brings to this years game looks to be schemes changing over time for teams. Other than that the dynasty doesn't look to be affected much by it. We have a foundation though, but I am expecting big big things next year.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Interesting.........NC State Head Coach got fired for going 7-6. NC State expectations must have been hell of high. Wasn't expecting to see that happen, since technically it was still a winning season but yet you can still be fired.
well their offense was 90 overall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #16
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.
Why would prestige change? Think of it this way Monte Kiffin is a DC at USC if he became a Head coach does he all of a sudden become less prestigious. That wouldn't make sense. If it was an experience rating tied to this stuff that would be the one that should change if your position changes.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »